Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
I get "ink absorber is almost full", and the printer will not work.
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma ip470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is for
Canon PIXMA iP1500:
try for your model
also you can use the service tool
look for one appropiate
Waste Ink Counter Reset.
Step 1: Manual for Service mode
1. Turn off the printer. And disconnect the printer cable.
2. Press and hold the POWER button, turn on the printer.
3. The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.) should
5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator (L.E.D.)
should be green.
6. Release both buttons.
Often on the canons you can hit resume lots of times to get hard copy of
the service mode options.
Posted on Jan 15, 2008
SOURCE: Ink absorber
A special service software program is needed to reset the internal counter for the ink absorber.
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
Here this step by step to resetting waste ink counter printer Canon Pixma MP130
1. You will include printer.
2. Press button MENU, then SCAN, COPY and again SCAN - they entered
3. Into the service regime
4. Select NVRAM ACCESS and further BY OK.
5. Select SET Abs- m level and advance value equal to zero.
6. Select SET Abs- r level (if there is) and also you will establish into zero
7. You will turn off printer by button POWER
Some time of other you will need to clean out the inkpads that are in the printer or it will in time leak the ink out.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 17, 2010
You can try to reset the cartages this may do it Please call back let us know if it worked for you, PLEASE.
But some time when you get the chance do clean the waste tank out.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 28, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Aug 13, 2009 | Canon i350 InkJet Printer
Jul 15, 2009 | Canon Pixma iP4500 InkJet Printer
Jun 03, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 04, 2009 | Canon I960 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 29, 2009 | Canon Pixma iP4500 InkJet Printer
Jan 26, 2008 | Canon I990 InkJet Photo Printer
234 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!