Question about Computers & Internet
Its power bourd was initially damaged by general set. I changed its damaged capacitor and it work for about 3 week before the same capacitor burn again. Then, I try to replace again and repeat the same thing.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Workup for repair
Diagnosis for Magnavox 32MD251D/37
• Will not power on
• Once on, if turned off power might not return
• Does not respond to power cycling
• Overloaded fuse
• Damaged/fried power board
• Damaged/fried inverter board
• Damage to wiring or related
• Overloaded capacitors on power board - I identified this based on a visual inspection and a multi meter test
• Capacitor 2079 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• Capacitor 2080 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• The capacitors referenced regulate the voltage controlling the power. These caps have a limited lifetime in hours which is usually around 3000. The device was left on for an extended period of time overloading these essential components.
1. I will order a set of replacement capacitors
2. Discharge board prior to work
3. Remove and replace damaged capacitors
Required Parts (total cost $30):
• (2) Vented axial 1200uF 35v Capacitors - $8
• Variable wattage soldering iron (minimum 35w) - $22
Feb 10, 2013 | Magnavox 32MD251D/37 Tabletop Pedestal...
Oct 29, 2010 | Samsung Speedplus SH-S223 22x DVD?±RW DL...
Nov 03, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jan 15, 2009 | Televison & Video
Aug 21, 2008 | Goodmans Televison & Video
Jun 14, 2008 | Televison & Video
Feb 04, 2008 | Goodmans DVD2100B DVD Player
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: