Question about Canon PowerShot S500 IXUS 500 Digital Camera
This sounds like it might be a defective CCD imager. If so, Canon should fix this for you for free worldwide, and may also include free shipping both ways (free shipping varies with countries). This is regardless of your camera's warranty status. Please check this link for more info.
Applicable cameras include:
A40, A60, A70, A75, A80, A85, A95, A300, A310, S1 IS, S60, S200, S230, S330, S400, S410, S500, SD100, SD110, IXUS V2/V3/300/400/430/500/II/IIs, IXY Digital 200a/300a/320/400/450/500/30/30a
Posted on Feb 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Summary of picture settings
The following picture settings can be confi gured. Depending on the
format of the picture source, some picture settings are not available.
• [Auto Picture]: Sets all picture settings to the factory default.
• [Brightness]: Adjusts the intensity and details of dark areas.
• [Contrast]: Adjusts the intensity of bright areas, keeping dark areas
• [Color]: Adjusts color saturation.
• [Tint]: Adjusts the color balance in an image.
• [Sharpness]: Adjusts the level of sharpness in image details.
• [Color Temperature]: To set the color temperature to [Normal],
[Warm] or [Cool].
Summary of sound settings
The following sound settings can be confi gured. Depending on the
sound source, some sound settings are not available.
• [Auto Sound]: Sets all sound settings to the factory default.
• [Equalizer]: Adjusts individual sound frequencies.
• [Virtual Surround Sound]: This selects the modes for more spatial
or surround sound reproduction.
• [Auto Volume Leveling]: Reduces sudden changes in volume, for
example, during commercials or when switching channels. Select
[On] or [Off].
• [TV Speakers]: Select [On] or [Off], or output sound to an
EasyLink compliant device. When [Speakers EasyLink] is selected,
the TV speakers are disabled and TV sound outputs to the speakers
of the compatible EasyLink compliant device. Adjust the volume
using the unit's remote control.
Mar 08, 2011 | Philips 32PFL3505D 32 in LCD TV
Feb 04, 2011 | Televison & Video
Nov 23, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS Digital Camera
Apr 03, 2010 | Mitsubishi WD-52627 52" Television
Apr 03, 2010 | Samsung HCN529W 52" Rear Projection...
Nov 13, 2007 | Hitachi 53FDX01B 53" Rear Projection...
Jul 04, 2007 | JVC Everio GZ-MG130 Camcorder
Sep 21, 2006 | Hitachi 53SDX01B 53" Rear Projection...
Aug 31, 2005 | Olympus Camedia D-395 Digital Camera
Sep 03, 2012 | Canon PowerShot S500 IXUS 500 Digital...
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!