Question about Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have a Garmin Nuvi 350. I solved the problem by purchasing a Glisson GPS antenna that plugs into the external GPS connector on the Garmin antenna.
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
First you will want to empty your recycling bin & clear your
temporary internet files before re-downloading the Garmin_RMU_2010B.exe
Below is the remainder of the fix I received from Garmin support and it worked for my unit. Hope this helps.
1. Extract the downloaded file Garmin_RMU_2010B.exe using 7zip(7zip.org) or WINRAR.
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465.exe 32 bit
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465-x64.msi 64 bit
2. After extracting, the files should be available at the location where you extracted the files.
3. Go to the extracted file location. Click on the Windows folder.
4. Right click on the Setup.exe file and Click Create Shortcut
5. Right click on the Shortcut to Setup.exe file and Click Properties
6. In the target line add " -build_map_image 006-D0783-04 " at the end of setup.exe". For example the end would look like xxx\Setup.exe" -build_map_image 006-D0783-04
7. Click Apply and OK.
8. Double click on the Shortcut to Setup.exe the map file will be built. Leave the Window open till completion of all steps. 9a. Windows XP: Click on Start>Run, then type in %Temp%. Another window will open.
9b. Windows Vista: Click on the Start Button, in the Start Search, type %temp%. Another window will open.
10. The file is placed in subfolder named 006-D0783-04.
11. Copy the gmapprom.img file from the folder to the Garmin folder on the Nuvi. (Double click on MyComputer>Nuvi drive>Garmin folder) Overwrite the existing file.
12. The Nuvi should now have the lower 49 installed. If you have any trouble with this fix, or are not comfortable trying it please call our Software Support Department at 1-800-800-1020. Please be at a computer that has high speed internet access as we may need to log on to your computer to resolve the issue. Make sure you have the program extracted using the 7 zip program provided above. Hours of Operation Monday – Friday: 8 am – 7 pm Central time (closed holidays)
With Best Regards,
Software Support Specialist
913-440-8280 (fax) Att: Joyce K
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
Go to your account at garmin that you created to manage your maps.
Click Manage Maps
You should see your unit and it’s unlock codes
Copy all the unlock codes for your device
Close your internet browser
Right click on your desktop
Click new, and then click a new Text Document
Click on the newly created Text Document icon from the desktop
Type your unlock codes into the document
Click File and Save as
Change the file name to gmapprom.unl (( double check this please ))
Change the “Save as type” to "All files"
Close the document
You should see the file gmapprom.unl on your desktop
Right click on the gmapprom.unl file and then click copy
Plug your Garmin device in and then click Computer/ My Computer
Click on the nüvi drive
Right click on the Garmin folder and click paste
Safely disconnect your Garmin device from the computer
Posted on May 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2013 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Apr 16, 2011 | Garmin Nuvi 370
Feb 10, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 265WT Car GPS Receiver
Jan 22, 2010 | Garmin Nuvi 350 Car GPS Receiver
Apr 11, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Mar 29, 2009 | Garmin NUVI 360 GPS Receiver
Dec 12, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 350 Car GPS Receiver
Aug 30, 2014 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
373 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: