Question about Kenmore 42822 Front Load Washer
Let me see if I can walk you through a diagnostic cycle. There are several ways to do this, I'll start with the most common, then the second most.
1) close the door (Do not turn on the power)
2) select the drain/spin cycle.
3) select "no spin" at the spin speed setting's.
4) push the "prewash" button 4 times within five seconds. If entered successfully, the unit will display "00" in the display, then the door will lock and diagnostic will begin, it takes approx. 5 mins. (if your machine does not have the prewash selector, we'll need to do the second option for diagnostic's).
The second most common diagnostic entry is done like this...
1) close the door but do not power unit on. (If following your previous attempt, open and close the door before proceeding)
2) Select any button EXCEPT either of the pause/cancel, stop, start, or power, depending on your options.
3) In this sequence...
a)push/hold this button for 3-5 sec.
b)release 3-5 sec.
c)push/hold 3-5 sec.
d)release 3-5 sec.
e)push/hold 3-5 sec.
If entered successful the unit will display "00" for 5 sec. then display any error history, control board version's etc, then enter the diagnostic. before beginning the door will lock, the display will go from "01" to "08" in sequence for a period of approx. 5 minutes testing all the component functions. If there are any error's or fault's, the unit should provide a code, i.e. F23, F20 etc.
Let me know if any of that help's to move you forward in a workable solution.
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
Try pressing the "options" and "select" button until the lights goes away.
Or if it doesn’t solve the issue, it is probably because of blocked pump. Take the back panel off, access the pump and the outlet pipe, clean it and your washer will start working.
Thanks for contacting fixya.com
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2015 | Washing Machines
Jun 08, 2009 | Kenmore 42822 Front Load Washer
May 01, 2009 | Kenmore 42822 Front Load Washer
Apr 20, 2009 | Kenmore 42822 Front Load Washer
Jan 17, 2009 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3 Front Load Washer
Jan 01, 2009 | Kenmore 42822 Front Load Washer
Dec 08, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Nov 20, 2008 | Kenmore 42822 Front Load Washer
Oct 29, 2007 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3t Front Load Washer
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: