Hi there. My cursor jumps around while I'm typing. I tried uninstalling the driver, then restarting the pc to correct this, but it didn't seem to do the trick. Now I'm trying to adjust the touchpad sensitivity, but when I click on mouse properties, there's no option to adjust this. Can you tell me how to change this? Is it maybe under hardware properties/sample rate? Shot in the dark. Thanks for your help, it's appreciated. - Jen
this happens w/my laptop. The built in mouse pad itself. Any suggestions?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
clean the mouse pad ,,, if doesn't work uninstall pad's driver and re-install the correct one... some laptops comes with joystick if yours have one clean it with a contact cleaner or disable it by unplugging it's cable ,,, if it didn't solve your problem replace the mouse pad or use a usb mouse ... :)
Hi, Basically it may be a problem with the drivers. So go to device manager. Click on the triangle beside the mouse. Right click on the option that comes up and click on uninstall.click ok. restart the computer. It will work.
If your cursor moves erratically on the screen (for example, if it jumps around the screen, moves at varying speeds, or selects items on its own), perform the following steps:
1. Clean the surface of the touchpad with a dry, soft cloth to remove grease, sweat, moisture, or other liquids.
2. Adjust the sensitivity of the touch pad:.
a. Click the Start button and click Control Panel.
b. Click Printers and Other Hardware.
c. Click Mouse.
d. When the Mouse Properties window appears, click the Pointer Options tab.
e. Under Select a pointer speed:, click to move the slider bar closer to Slow.
f. Click OK.
g. Check to see if the touch pad still behaves erratically.
3. If the touchpad still caused the cursor to behave erratically, attach an external mouse to your computer and restart your computer. Use the external mouse to see if your cursor still moves erratically.
4. After connecting an external mouse, uninstall the touchpad driver from the Device manager listed under the "mice and other pointing devices" category and restart the Computer.
5. Download the Touchpad driver compatible to the Operating System installed on the Computer from the manufacturer's site and install it after restarting the Computer.
This happens to me also. Check whether the touchpad is enabled (laptops do have an option of enabling / disabling the touchpad). Secondly, you can try reinstalling the touchpad driver. Uninstall and then re-install the driver. Re-boot the system. Try using the touchpad.
Try this first, Make sure the mouse cursor is further down the page or completely off the page you are typing on. Whith the problems of static electricity or stray energy if you are typing and go past where the mouse cursor is and stray voltage is present then the lightest touch of the glide pad or mouse could be interpreted as a click and your text will begin where the mouse cursor is.
this is a common keyboard driver problem, go to my computer,right click>properties>hardware tab>device manager> and look down the list for keyboard, click the'+' sign, right click on the keyboard type line and select uninstall.
Restart the notebook and it will automatically reinstall itself and the driver.
If you still have the same problem, you will need to go to the manufacturer web site and download the latest keyboard driver if any, install it and repeat the above.