Question about Husqvarna "Chain Saw - 16" Bar, 3 Hp
Difficult to pull starter cord:
1. starter housing. Does the starter operate smoothly? If Remove the yes, reinstall the cover and continue with 2, if no repair starter.
2. Is the saw equipped with a decompression valve? Yes continue, no proceed with 3.
· Leave the ignition off, set the valve and pull the starter.
· Pull gently to release the valve. Is there a difference in the effort required?
· If yes continue with 3, if no repair or replace the decompression valve.
3. Was this saw perhaps operated in a lean condition (metal transfer from the piston to cylinder wall)? This may be caused by many things including; leaky intake connections at the engine or carburetor; leaky crankcase seals; or running on gasoline containing no 2-cycle oil.
· Remove the spark plug wire and plug. Remove the muffler, hold a light at the plug hole and inspect the cylinder through the exhaust port. Is it smooth and shiny or does it appear speckled with dull gray spots or smears?
· Pull the starter slowly, inspect the piston as it rises and falls. Is it a dull gray without scratches and gouges?
· Hold the light at the exhaust port and look through the spark plug hole, inspect the cylinder above the exhaust port. Is it shiny and smooth or speckled with gray spots or smears?
Any spots or smears on the cylinder or deep scratches and gouges in the piston indicate the saw was operated in a lean condition. Repair of this on a home owner quality saw often exceeds replacement cost. A repair estimate by an independent saw shop should be considered. usually $10 - 20 at any saw outlet.
4. The last likely possibility is the saw has jumped timing. This problem or any not discussed is usually beyond the ability of the operator to repair. Please take it to a good local saw seller/mechanic for a written diagnosis before authorizing any repair. HTH
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2013 | Husqvarna Chain Saw 20" Bar
Mar 16, 2013 | Husqvarna Garden
Jan 23, 2011 | Husqvarna Garden
Nov 12, 2010 | Husqvarna "Chain Saw - 16" Bar, 3 Hp
Jan 05, 2010 | Husqvarna 450 e-series 18" Chain Saw
Oct 30, 2009 | Poulan Pro 16-Inch 38 cc Anti-Vibration...
Sep 17, 2009 | Ryobi Factory Reconditioned 18" 40cc...
Apr 13, 2009 | Husqvarna , No.455 Rancher, 20" Gas -...
Mar 11, 2009 | Husqvarna Chain Saw 20" Bar
329 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: