Check lint light on replaced thermal fuse 2x blew again??
I am losing my mind...please help...the check lint light came on, dryer would not run, replaced thermal fuse, worked for 2 loads...cleaned vent, lint area replaced again, ran for several days, was hot to touch on side of dryer on jeans button, now blew again...what is causing this and how do i fix it?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
blew a thermal shut off thermostat, but replacing it will not suffice as u need to find out why it blew? the fuse is located on the blower usually has 2 prongs connected. You may have a bad venting problem or clogged blower and lint screen , check for lint build up.
after you changed the thermal fuse did you clean out the dryer and the vent line?if not you blew the fuse again and it will keep doing this until you clean out the duct that the lint filter slides into,vac and blow out the motor and the cabinet where the motor is and blow out the vent line,if it's a long run remove the vent line from the back of the dryer and blow it out with a leaf blower.the dryer went over 300 degrees from lint buildup and popped the thermal fuse,it's a safety so the dryer doesn't run hot and start a fire.if the dryer is running and sfter like 20 minutes it shuts down and won't start for a while until it cools down then the motor is bad also probably from the dryer running to hot from the lint build up.
There is a thermal sensor attached to the housing of the heating element, you can check the thermal sensor by jumpering the two wires to the thermal sensor together, and then run the dryer and see if the heating element is now working, if the dryer is now heating up then replace the thermal sensor.
Did you clean the exhaust from the wall behind your dryer to the outside. This is more important than the dryer exhaust system itself. If not get behind dryer and remove exhaust to the wall and using a leaf blower,(electric) put it inside house vent then push dryer back to hold in place go outside and watch to see what all blows out. Good luck.
The main cause for thermal fuses to blow is a restricted airway. You need to make sure that your path for airflow is clear:
Check your dryer hose: make sure it is clear of debris inside, make sure it is not kinked when the dryer is in place.
Check your dryer vent: some houses and apartments have a fairly long dryer venting system before it reaches outside.
Check your dryer: just after the lint trap and prior to the blower motor is a common place for a blockage. You may have to take the front of the dryer apart to get to it. I have seen all kinds of things get passed the lint filter.
Each of these things would cause even a new thermal fuse to blow quickly. A combination of them could easily do that. The thermal fuse is the dryer's safety cut off, preventing your dwelling from burning down from an out of control dryer. So it's all about airflow, airflow, airflow.
I had the same thing happen, I replaced the thermal cutoff and made sure no lint build up. It lasted a week then blew again. I then replaced it again and got to thinking why it would blow. I then took apart the exaust inside the dryer running fron the drum to the motor and right before the motor was a build up of lint ane particals that was almost like compressed sawdust which was blocking half of the line. I cleaned this out and it seemed to work much better.