Question about Computers & Internet
If your main concern is how to access the setup page of the Router. Here are the steps:
- The linksys router default the configuration page to http://192.168.1.1 but if you can't access is it that way
- Plug the router to your computer via ethernet cable
- Click Start button
- Click Run
- Type cmd on the window then press ok
- You will see a black screen: type ipconfig then press enter
- Look for the default gateway and write it down
- Open the internet explorer
- type the default gateway like this in the address bar of your internet explorer http://defaultgateway example: http://192.168.1.1 - it might be a different default gateway to yours
- Press enter, then it'll ask for the username and password
- just leave the username blank and type admin to the password and it should let you in, if it didn't, you should know your password, if you don't know the password reset the button at the back of your router.
- and you will be in the setup page after logging in
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2012 | Cisco Linksys WRT160N ULTRA RANGEPLUS...
Jan 08, 2012 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Nov 20, 2011 | Cisco Linksys WRT54GS2 Wireless-G...
Oct 21, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
May 05, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Sep 04, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Feb 01, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: