My Lexmark E320 panel lights all stay on when I power on the printer.
Pressing the Reset button does not help.
When I try to print Windows XP does not recognize the printer.
Have checked the USB connection cable and they were all tight. Tried changing the USB port but did not help.
Swapped ink cartridge, no difference.
I have had the printer for about 8 years so I am suspecting that there has been an electrical component failure.
Tried resetting the defaults by:
To entering the special function menu:
1 Turn off the printer.
2 Open the top cover.
3 Turn the printer back on.
4 When the Error light comes on, indicating the top cover is open, press and release the operator panel button twice quickly (double-button press).
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Panel Lights stay on at power on
* years..that might qualify you for an ancient printing award, from the manufacturer. Unless you are attached to that unit, you may find that it's high time to move to next step. I don't recall, in over 30 years of work, a printer with that longevity.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The printer has a service error. There is a rest button below the 6 lights you see. Press and hold the reset button for at least 3 seconds. If that doesn't help.....Turn the main power off and on again. If the condition persists.....the printer may need to be serviced/diagnosed by a qualified technician.
To reset to Factory Default settings, turn off the printer by pressing and holding down power button. Then release the button. Press and hold down Color Start and Cancel buttons while pressing and releasing the power button. Continue holding down the Cancel and Start buttons for at least 20 seconds then release it. You will then be prompted to go through the setup again. To reset the printer's wireless network adapter, press Settings on the operator panel > Network Setup > Wireless Setup > Reset Network Adapter > hit check to confirm. Hope this helps.
Hi, Try resetting the printer to factory Defaults. First turn off the printer, then open the front cover like if you were to take the toner cartridge out. Once the front cover is open then push and hold the two buttons on the panel of the printer and turn the printer on. Make sure the front cover is open and that you are pushing the two buttons all the lights will flash and they will stop at the very bottom light and stay solid once that happens let go of the buttons and close the cover and that should reset the printer.
Sounds like your photocoductor is at lifes end. You can reset it by doing the following
1. Turn the printer off.
2. open the front cover
3. hold down the cancel X button while turning on the power and keep holding down until all lights stop flashing. Then let go of the x button and all lights should start to flash, close the front cover...and it should reset. You may have to turn the printer off and then back on once to be sure it is reset.
sir try to put your printer to factory settigs by pressing the "start" & "cancel" button together & while holding these buttons together,try unplugging & replugging the printer power chord 4-5 times from the back panel of the printer....
Also if you are using the Refillable ink cartilages stop they always cause major issues 1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button. 2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button. 3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection) 4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)Note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks 0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print 2 times Green EEPROM print 3 times Orange EEPROM reset 4 times Green Waste ink counter reset
5) Turn off the printer.(it must be turn off) then turn it on again. Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one and to go on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
After about an hour of searching and trying things i got it! try this..
1. Turn the Printer POWER Off.
2. Open the Front Cover.
3. Press and hold the CONTINUE button and CANCEL button together and POWER on the printer. The lights will begin to cycle on the operator panel. Once the Error light is solid, Release both the buttons. Close the Front cover.
4. Restart the printer to enable the changes to take effect.
This process enables you to reset the printer and the network card to Factory Defaults.