Hi i have a 26' tv manufact. date is 1988.....Problem first showed up as hard to turn power on.....then got worse slowly.....then the only way i can turn set on is unplugging and plugging from rear of set several times. Once set is warmed up it will turn on or off every time. when set is on it will stay on as long as you want it even for 10 hrs. It doesnt matter if you use the remote or manual button. When it doesnt work you never get the green light or click of relay.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi there, sorry to hear. That "buzzing" you hear is most likely that power supply onboard, pulsing in a failure mode such as a current limit situation. Check for shorted rectifiers, and the common bad capacitors.
I just want to ask you something before I give the solution, does the unit gone to start-up problem (needs warm-up before it finally turn on, needs to pressed the power button key several times, needs to unplug from the outlet and plug it back in)before, you have said that you've encountered it last few months?
open the back , follow the power cord and you will see the fuse around where the cable enter in , remove the fuse and replace by an other of same ratings. If you don't know anything about electronics don't do that because of some capacitors holds power even if the set is unplugged . Do that at your own risk
Automatic Programming 1. Turn off the device with which you want to use the remote control. 2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control (TV, VCR, SAT, DVD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. The remote control is in programming mode. 3. Press POWER button on remote and release . The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on indicating the unit is in Power scan mode. 4. Press CHANNEL+ or CHANNEL- repeatedly until the device turns on. 5. When the device turns on, press ok to store the code.
Good luck pls rate
I've seen this on many computer CRTs as they age past 6 years. I would imagine that the gun alignment is out. Are all the colors (RGB) fuzzy, or is it hard to tell?
1. Sometimes, extreme settings of contrast or color (usually to offset low output from aging CRT) can appear to unfocus your screen. Adjust color/contrast down if they are maxed out or close to highest setting/pot level.
2. A very likely culprit is unshielded speakers are too close to the screen. If this is the cause, the speakers' magnets distort the part of the screen closest to them (sides), and it will get better/worse as you move the speakers away/closer to the TV. If there are not magnets near the TV, and degauss function does not fix problem ('89 TVs have degauss?), see #3.
3. The focus can be set by adjusting the flyback transformer. As an experienced electrician, you should know about the dangers of messing with the insides of the unit.
If this fails, you might have other bigger issues. I'd suggest a nice trip to lead reclaimer if so. I'd say 19 years is quite a life for a CRT.
If this set is under a warranty period or the manufacter warranty do not attempt to touch set as they will blame you if you attaempt to open set. Call the agent who serviced it and if they refuse to take care of the problem contact the manufacturer