Question about Philips Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
I am to set up my Phillips DVD/VCR. It is hooked up to a Phillips TV. The instructions say to press the DVD button on the remote control, then press theSet Up/Menu button and the main menu will show up on the screen. I am not getting the main menu.
Do I have to have the TV on a certain channel?
The model numbers for the TV and DVD player are: DVP3340V/17
Thank you for your help
My suggestion is this:
1. Connect the composite AV cable on the DVD player's DVD/VCR OUT and on the TV's AV2 or on the side. Select AV2 on the TV by pressing the SOURCE button on the TV remote control. Select SIDE if you connected it to the side. When the DVD player is on and set to DVD mode, you will see the Philips logo on your TV screen. You can then put it on VCR mode to set it up.
2. FOR RECORDING PURPOSES...since your DVD/VCR is tunerless, you will need an external tuner in the form of cable box or satellite box. You have to connect the cable/satellite box to the DVD/VCR also using composite cable. Connect another set of composite cables from the cable/satellite box's AV out and to the DVD/VCR's VCR IN.
Then you can follow the DVD/VCR's instructions for setting it up for recording.
Posted on May 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2016 | Universal Televison & Video
Nov 22, 2007 | Polaroid FLM-3232 Television
Nov 29, 2016 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Oct 16, 2014 | General Electric Vcr Remote Control...
Sep 24, 2010 | Zenith TVBR2742Z 27 in. TV/VCR Combo
1.Turn on a desired device (VCR or DVD player)
2. On the remote control, press a device key once (i.e., DVD/VCR,
CBL/SAT or TV).
NOTE: To program control of a VCR, PVR (or DVR),TV/VCR Combo, or TV/VCR/DVD Player Combo press DVD/VCR once. After programming a VCR Combo device, you will be able to control channel selection,volume, and VCR functions.
To program control of a DVD Player,DVD Player/VCR
Combo, or TV/DVD Player Combo, press DVD/VCR once. After programming a DVD Combo device, you will be able to control channel selection, volume, and DVD functions.
To program control of a Cable Box, Cable Box/PVR (or DVR)
Combo, Satellite Receiver, or a Satellite Receiver/PVR (or DVR)
Combo, press CBL/SAT once.
3. Press and hold SET until the LED (red light) blinks twice,
then release SET.
4. Use the Manufacturer's Codes to locate the type of device and brand name and then enter the first four-digit code for your device. If performed correctly,
the LED will blink twice.
5. Aim the remote control at the device and press POWER once. The device should turn off. If it does not, repeat steps 2 to 5, trying each code for your brand until you find one that works. If it still doesn't work, try Searching For Your Code on next page
Auto Code Scan:
1.On the remote control, press TV once.
2. Press and hold SET until the LED (red light) blinks twice, then release SET.
3. Enter 9 - 9 - 1.The LED will blink twice.
4. Aim the remote control at the TV and slowly press POWER button.Stop when the TV turns off
5. To lock in the code, press and release SET.The LED will
6. To search for the codes of your other devices, repeat steps
1 to 5, but substitute the appropriate device key for the device you are searching for.
Sep 18, 2010 | One For All URC4220 Remote Control
Mar 02, 2010 | Televison & Video
May 09, 2009 | Televison & Video
Nov 26, 2008 | Philips Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
Jul 18, 2008 | Jensen JER-422 Universal Remote Control
395 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: