Question about RCA 20F420T 20" TV
Ive lost my rca remote and am usiing my cable remote.the fpa lock is on and i can,t get it off to play video dvd,s etc.anyone with a answer
Posted on Feb 26, 2010
Most RCA and GE
TV sets use a four digit code to control the v-chip. The code reset procedure is different depending on the model. Try each method until you find one that works:
1. Hold down MENU on the remote and VOLUME DOWN on the TV it's self at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
2. Hold down the 0 on the remote and the VOLUME DOWN buttons on the TV its self at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
3. Hold down the MENU button on the front of the TV and the TV button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
4. Hold down GO BACK on the remote and MENU on the front of the TV at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
5. Hold down EJECT on the front of the TV and the MENU button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
Depending on the model, one of the methods should unlock the V-chip. Now, if desired, you can change the settings on the V-chip by going to the MENU and going to PARENTAL CONTROLS, or on some sets, going to MENU and then going to TV SETUP, then to V-CHIP SET.
OR try http://specs.retaildeck.com/CACHE/FILE7065.PDF
search for FPA and you'll find how to unlock it.
Let me know, if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
Disconnect the power cord from the outlet for AT LEAST 30 MINUTES, that should cause the TV to reset back to factory default settings, then you can start over with initial set up,etc, after you restore power to it.
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2011 | RCA 20F420T 20" TV
Dec 23, 2008 | RCA 20F420T 20" TV
Nov 23, 2008 | RCA 20F420T 20" TV
Oct 02, 2007 | RCA 27F530T 27" TV
Sep 12, 2007 | RCA 27F650T 27" TV
740 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!