Question about Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2 Duo White/2GB (2x1gb)/80GB/SuperDrive (Z0DT) Mac Notebook
Make sure the MagSafe adapter is securely attached to the Macbook and free of debris.
There are two procedures that are advised by Apple to assist in resolving issues where the Macbook chimes at start up, but displays no video.
Here is the first procedure:
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
• First, hold in your power button for approximately 10 seconds to do a hard shutdown, if you have not already turned your Mac off.
• Once your Mac is shutdown, you will need to perform what is called a PRAM reset (Parameter RAM)
• Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously .
• Turn on the computer.
• Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
• Now, hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the third time.
• Release the keys and allow the Macbook to start up.
Observe to see if your Macbook will boot to the Desk top normally. If it does not, here is the second procedure:
The System Management Controller is an integrated circuit (computer chip) that is usually on the logic board of your Mac computer.
It is responsible for power management of the computer. It controls backlighting, hard disk spin down, sleep and wake, some charging aspects, trackpad control, and some input/output as it relates to the computer sleeping.
• If the computer is on, turn it off.
• Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the computer's battery.
• Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds
and then release the button.
• Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
• Press the power button to restart the computer
Update me if you require further assistance.
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Apr 14, 2014 | Apple Computers & Internet
Nov 27, 2010 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
Oct 26, 2010 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
Jan 20, 2010 | Apple Computers & Internet
Jan 12, 2010 | Apple MacBook Pro Notebook
Dec 14, 2009 | Apple Mac Book Pro 15.4" 2.53 Core2Duo 4GB...
Jun 07, 2009 | Apple iBook G4 Mac Notebook
Jan 10, 2008 | Apple MacBook Pro PC Notebook
Jan 17, 2014 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
1,756 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: