Question about Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for PC
I can't run IIS without Permission administrator
Are you registered in Administrative groups as an administrator for the PC? If not, you can go to Administrator Tools in Control Pannel and change in include youruser name in the Computer Administrator group, that wayit will allow you to installand change confugurations.
Posted on Feb 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2012 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional Full...
The error code 80070005 usually means that you do not have enough permission to install updates.
First please confirm you have logged on an account with administrative privileges.
If the issue still occurs, lets' try the following method to reset the permissions:
1. Please download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch onto the Desktop:
2. Please go to the Desktop and double click the downloaded file.
3. Please select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.
Note: If the UAC (User Account Control) window is prompted for permission to continue, please click Continue.
4. Click Start, in the Start Search bar, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.
5. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the open Notepad window:
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f
6. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose Save when you are prompted to save the file. Type "reset.bat" as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the save location.
7. Refer to the Desktop and right click the reset.bat file, and then choose "Run as administrator."
8. You will see a DOS-like window processing.
Note: It may take several minutes. Please be patient. When it is completed, you will be prompted with the message: "Finished, press any key to continue".
Try to install the updates again.
This issue can be also caused by third-party security programs such as firewalls and anti-virus software. You can disable or remove them to check the issue.
May 06, 2011 | Operating Systems
Aug 31, 2010 | Magix Operating Systems
Jul 27, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Apr 28, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Aug 02, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for...
Jan 21, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for...
Jan 11, 2012 | Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2003 for...
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: