An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Blank Screen
Pls check with another monitor or another comp to check if it is a problem with the monitor or with the computer.
If it is a problem with the monitor, get the monitor serviced.
If it is problem with the computer, check with the power supply.
If the power supply is working, then reseat the cable that goes from the power button inside to the motherboard. Also try reseating the RAM, CMOS battery and the video card.
If the above steps doesnt work, then the computer needs to be serviced.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
• You can check if the product is working properly using the Self-Diagnosis function. • If a blank screen is displayed and the Power LED blinks even if the product and the PC are properly connected, perform the self-diagnosis function according to the procedures below. 1. Turn the product and the PC off. 2. Separate the signal cable from the product . 3. Turn the product on. 4. If the product is working properly, the message appears. In this case, if a blank screen is displayed again, make sure that there is no problem with the PC and the connection. The product is working properly.
Is a blank screen displayed and does the power LED blink at a 1 second interval?
1. This occurs when the power saving function is running. If you click the mouse or press any key, the screen will be turned on. 2. This occurs when two monitors are connected, is and Magictune is running. In this case, characters on the Magictune OSD may appear corrupted. To run the Magictune, the must be set to . Please restart your PC, set the to and run the Magictune.
Hi Cat, You can try removing the data cable of your monitor, the one connecting to the back of the tower/computer. If there are no issues on the monitor, normally you will be getting the power self test which is indicated by three vertical colors on the screen (Red, BLue, Green). If you dont see the power self test, it may be a problem with the monitor. YOu may want to try using a different monitor to isolate issue if available
Try unplugging the power cord to your computer tower, click the power button to drain the capacitors in the mother board then plug the power cord back in and try to boot up. Has helped me repair several similar black screen problems. Chuck Housecall101@aol.com
LOOKS LIKE A BURN SOLDER !! , open the monitor , check the PC BOARD around the transformer area , look for burn spot or cold solder , RE solder it , try again , hope this helps please rate solution and thanks AJ
Check the cable to the back of the LCD and also where the cable connects to the motherboard on your laptop. These can come loose over time from the lid being opened and closed and will cause the fault you describe.
If the cable has moved out of the back of the panel itself, then apply a small amount of tape to hold it in place once pushed back in where it should be.
These screens are fragile. Take extreme care when inside.
Is the green flashing on the tower or the monitor?
If it is flashing on the monitor, then it might be tht the monitor is not gettign signal from the tower.
To check, disconnect the monitor from the tower and check the monitor. If you get a msg on the screen like no input signal or check video cable, then 99% monitor is fine.
Check for the power supply light at the back of the tower.
Disconnect everything from the computer and then press and hold the power button on the comp for about 30 seconds.
Then connect the cables and check if it is working.
check the brightness and contrast from the menu on the monitor try increasing it ... the problem will get solved... if same problem persists contact ur near by experrt technician he may tell that the tube is gone he must recharge it....