Question about Sony RMT-V501 Remote Control
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Here is the sony support site. i tracked down the manual section on the site, this is it
NOTE you must enter your TV Model to obtain the programming code
Posted on Apr 12, 2009
Here you go. This will work with most all universal remote controls. If you don't have the code do the following:
With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device. Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to look up codes and enter them manually.
1. Turn off the device with which you want to use the remote control.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control
(TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. It should take a couple of seconds for the light to remain solid. The remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release power button. The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
• To exit without storing the code, press BACK.
• T he unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press
CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down after the device turns on. (go slow you need to press OK when the TV turns on) if you mess up turn TV off and start over.
6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Fill free to ask me questions about anything..........................
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
Try to clean contact with contact cleaner spray( radio schack or computer sotre.
If the problem persist Reset with you code in your manual if you do not have the code go to: esupport.sony.com and download free.
After that if the probllem remain, your contact in the remote control is faulty.
Good luck, G-d bless you
Posted on Dec 13, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2013 | Sony Remote Control RMT-D301 p/n:148907111
Jul 19, 2012 | Sony Televison & Video
Jan 08, 2012 | RCA DIRECTV Satellite Remote Control
Sep 05, 2011 | Televison & Video
Dec 22, 2010 | Sony RMT-V306 Remote Control
Dec 17, 2010 | Sony RDR-VX525 DVD Recorder/VCR
May 07, 2010 | Sony RMT-V402B Remote Control
Oct 17, 2009 | Televison & Video
Apr 16, 2009 | Sony RMT-D166P Remote Control
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: