Question about Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

Found old black tube telescope.Says GILBERT on white stripe in middle.Its on a tripod.Looks like a piece is missing that goes on top of tube.could i use something to make it work. how do i use it. Has lens on end of tube with two white knobs that roll it up and down.on inside of one knob it says P-12A973 with a 7 at bottom.The other one says P12A973 with 12 on bottom. Is some type of scope missing on top of tube? Where can i get one. Or make one.Trying to get it working for my daughter. Thank You Mark

Posted by on

  • Joe Lalumia aka TelescopeMan

    Probably made by this company- out of business for over 40 years. Read this: They also made microscopes and chemistry sets like these:http://philosophyofscienceportal.blogspo... OR IT MIGHT BE! THIS! "maybe" Need more info to pin it down. The scope on the top may have been a small finder scope. You can buy these new -- but of course not the actual one that went on the scope. Here are some finder scopes: and here:



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,186 Answers

That was probably a finder scope. If it is a real Gilbert the company went out of business about 40 years ago. Here read this:

They also made kid's chemistry sets:

Here are some finder scopes:

Posted on Jan 31, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I need to know how to assemble the eyepiece on a Bushnell 565 telescope?

The eyepiece DOES NOT assemble. It is all one piece. If you unscrew the bottom or the top-- never do this. You must reassemble the lenses exactly.

The eyepiece goes directly into the diagonal (an L shaped device with a mirror inside, and then the diagonal goes into the tube.. That's it. You can buy eyepieces from dozens of different suppliers. Here is one:

Jul 08, 2015 | Bushnell Optics

1 Answer

Hi, I have an old Edu Science telescope with tripod, mini top mounted telescope/finder, and 4 other eyepieces/leses. I looked for the closes one I could find because I am missing something to allow me to...

Can you focus on a distant object during the day time? Do you still have the "diagonal" if this is a refractor style telescope? This is a diagonal it goes into the focuser and then the eyepieces go into the diagonal. Put the eyepiece with the largest number written on it into the diagonal and practice focusing during the day time. DO NOT USE the 2x barlow if you have one. These are diagonals.

Apr 29, 2011 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

I have a Model 155w Altazimuth Refracting Telescope. It will not mount on the tripod. I believe I am missing a piece, but I don't knoe which one.

There should be a screw hole in the bottom of the tube and or two screw holes one on each side of the tube.

In the first example all you need is a photo tripod and screw the tube on it-- in the second you are missing the "fork arms that attach to the telescope -- like this picture:

Jan 24, 2011 | Meade Optics

1 Answer

Hi glad to see this i found a looks like a 5 in celestron with a wood tripod most parts are there need eye piece and the mirror it looks in to

This is a reflector style telescope. Measure the hole in the focuser-- eyepieces come in 3 sizes-- .965, 1.25, and 2 inch sizes. Buy the correct size. These are sold by many on line retailers, here is one:

Read my TIPS on my profile page.

Jan 23, 2011 | Celestron PowerSeeker 114 EQ Telescope

1 Answer

We were given an EDU Science telescope and tripod (no case). We don't know if it is working or if it has all the parts. The telescope looks like the link below, but the smaller tube attachment (see the...

The bit you are missing is the finder scope, which is a small low-power scope that is used to line up the main scope on an object that you want to view. Without this it can be quite hard to get the scope pointed at anything, as the field of view is quite limited, and more so at higher powers.

It can be quite expensive to buy useful eyepieces for a scope, but they are readily available if the eyepiece mount tube is 1.25 inch inside diameter. The eyepieces that originally came with this scope probably were not very good, and in fact this scope is not up to much. It is rather small for a reflector at three inches diameter. You certainly won't be able to use it at the advertised 600 power, or even at 200. It has neither the resolution nor the light gathering ability with that small an aperture.

I would recommend that you explore the web page at THIS LINK for a lot of good advice about first telescopes, before you spend any money.

Jan 05, 2011 | Edu-Science Optics

1 Answer

I have reflector telescope 672 power and im missing some pieces. I need to get one tripod leg, all the screws to the telescope and the finderscope. I needed to find out how to go about getting these...

It's not worth hunting down that many parts for that small telescope. You cannot just buy a tripod leg-- you must buy the entire tripod. Eyepieces cost at least $30 each-- and a finderscope at least another $30-$40.

Locate another complete telescope. It's not economical to repair that low cost small scope. Toys R Us who sell that brand do not furnish replacement parts.

Dec 12, 2010 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

1 Answer

For the Clarion DXZ945MP CD Player for car audio, I do not know the the wire harness color wire diagram? The wiring harness on my Monte Carlo 2000 reads what color wire goes to what, on the side of the...

3amp yellow battery for deck
15 amp yellow is another battery wire
purple right rear + speaker
purple/black right rear -
green left rear +
green/black left rear -
white fr left +
white/black fr left -
grey fr right +
grey/black fr right -
blue auto antenna
blue/white rem amp
brown phone mute
orange/white illumination
red accessory

hope this helps
pls rate cause people arnt rating

Nov 05, 2009 | Clarion DXZ945MP CD Player

1 Answer

I need parts

Try your local well stocked hardware store for the bolt or screw that is missing.

Dec 27, 2008 | Vivitar (1607225) Telescope

1 Answer

3 prong dryer to 4 prong

green is ground, white is netural. red and black are L1 and L2
or in other words on the dryer there is a 3 screw holder red and black go on the outer ones white goes in the middle and green goes to the cabinet of the dryer

Oct 31, 2008 | Frigidaire FEQ332E Electric Dryer

Not finding what you are looking for?
Edu-Science (10166) Telescope Logo

Related Topics:

443 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Edu-Science Optics Experts

Joe Lalumia aka...
Joe Lalumia aka...

Level 3 Expert

3186 Answers

Craig Butler
Craig Butler

Level 3 Expert

1723 Answers

john cordey
john cordey

Level 3 Expert

720 Answers

Are you an Edu-Science Optic Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides