They seem to have been "pre" set before I bought the unit. This is very frustrating since I had nothing to do with pre setting the presets and they are on basically....non-stations. But since they are I cannot set a preset to my choices. THAT WAS a SELLING POINT!!!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Setting the Clock
1. Press and hold the CLOCK button until the hour begins to flash
2. Use the left arrow and right arrow buttons to change the hour.
3. Press the CLOCK button again. Use the left arrow and right arrow buttons
to change the minutes.
4. Press the CLOCK button again to save.
the PRESET stations:
1. Tune to desired station.
2. Press and hold the PRESET button until the PRE-SET indicator on the display begins to flash
3. Use the left arrow and right arrow buttons to select the PRESET location for the station. Ten locations (0-9) are available.
4. Press the PRESET button to save the location. To tune a PRESET station:
Press and release the PRESET button to step
through the PRESET stations.
hi, there is no auto presettingavailable. u have to set all channels in preset manually. if u power off the subwoofer all setting will be erased.for manual preset do the following.
1. Press the FUNCTION button to select "TUNER". 2. Press the FM/AM button to select a band. 3. Select the station you want to listen to (Hold down the TUNING Up or Down button until the frequency display begins to change. When a station is tuned in, the tuning process will stop automatically.)
when it tune the first station available do the following to preset it, 4 .Press the MEMORY button.( on remote) 5. Within 5 seconds, select a preset channel to store the station using the PRESET buttons of the remote control unit. 6. Within 5 seconds, press the MEMORY button.(The station is stored and the MEMORY indicator goes off. To store more stations, repeat steps 3 to 6) .
for listeningpreset ed station ,Press the PRESET button repeatedly until the desired preset station is found. ok
When you find a frequency that you want to store in memory, press one of pre- set tuning buttons 1through 6 and hold until the preset number stops flashing. The number you have pressed will flash in the preset number indicator and then remain lit. The selected radio station frequency has been stored in memory. The next time you press the same preset tun- ing button the radio station frequency is re- called from memory.
OK, I'm writing info here as I couldn't get response in chat session. Once FM station got tuned, press memory/ store
button, display will flash, press preset number like 1 or 2 or other to
store that tuned frequency in that particular preset. Let me know for further question. Thanks.
Hi, I bought an FT-5500 in 1983 that I haven't used for ten years but I still have the manual which states the following re pre-sets:
1. Tune into the station to be memorised with the tuning key.
2. When the memory write key is depressed the memory write key indicator lights continuously for about 5 seconds after the FCCS operation with FM reception and immediately with AM reception. One of the 10 preset keys is depressed for memorising the station while the indicator is lit. When the key is depressed the indicator goes off, the memorizing operation is completed and the next time you want ot listen to the station it can be recalled by depressing the corresponding preset key. If the preset key is depressed during this interval and the FCCS data & broadcassting station are memorised the indicator goes off.
There is more but I think this should be enough to get you going.
Your Sony is equiped for 5 AM presets and 15 FM presets.
1. Power your unit "ON".
2. Set the desired band - AM or FM.
3. Hold the "Mode" button down no more than one second. The "preset" indication just be gone.
4. Manually tune in the desired station you want to preset.
5. Hold "Enter" until preset indication re-appears. The number of the preset should be blinking.
6. Using the tuning buttons, change the the number to your desired "preset" number.
7. Push the "Enter" button to set the preset.
Remember, you can't have more than 5 AM presets (a mistake I made).