Question about Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
When you say device is listed in windows explorer, butif the XP says device is not connected. Then i'd say the device is detecting as storage media (i.e MSC).
It needs to be connected as MTP. In this case i'd request you to update the MTP driver.
To update the MTP driver you can try two ways.
1) When you connect the MP3 player to the computer you could see a SAFETY REMOVE HARDWARE on the system tray.
2) Right click on that safety remove hardware.
3) You will get a popup, in which you need to click on properties
4) That will bring the window in which you can see your MP3 player listed.
5) Right click on it and choose the option update driver.
6) This will update the MTP driver of the player and after that unplug the device
7) Restart the computer and now connect the device.
8) That will automatically update the drivers.
1) Go to device manager
2) Locate for the option that says USB and right click on it.
3) Try updating the drivers.
4) Now restart the computer.
5) That should work.
Kindly revert if you have any clarifications.
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2012 | Linksys Computers & Internet
Oct 24, 2010 | Western Digital Caviar WD2500BB 250 GB...
Apr 14, 2017 | Maxtor QuickView (4r080l0-qv) 80 GB Hard...
Sep 18, 2010 | Archos 104 MP3 Player
Apr 03, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Mar 06, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Feb 22, 2009 | Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer
Feb 05, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Dec 28, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa Connect MP3 Player
Aug 26, 2007 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Sep 29, 2017 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
240 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: