Question about Edimax BR-6114Wg Router (BR6114WG)
You are trying to open the NAT on the router for X-box.
For this you will need to reduce the MTU settings on the router to 1365.
You will also need to trigger some ports on the router.
For this you will need to open the router set up page.
Router set up page is the page where you can change the settings of the router
Click Here to know more about router and network
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Change NAT to open
i have the same problem, ive looked at the thread its the same as myne but when i go on the virtual servers it doesnt say discription or imbound port it just says lan port publick port i dont understand :(
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
SOURCE: Change NAT to open
Open an Internet Explorer browser page.In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
Click on "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab...
1) On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 88 and End box type in 88, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
2) On the second line in Application box type in PQR, in the start box type in 3074 and End box type in 3074, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
3) On the third line in Application box type in XYZ, in the start box type in 53 and End box type in 53, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box and click on Save Settings...
3) Once you return to the set up page click on the Security tab and uncheck Block Anonymous Internet Requests and click on Save Settings...
4) Click on set-up and change the MTU Size to 1452 and click Save Settings...
5) Goto the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and assign the following on your Xbox
IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1...
6) Also assign the DNS Addresses on the Xbox
Primary dns :- 22.214.171.124...Secondary dns :- 192.168.1.1
7) Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox...Wait for a minute...
8) Plug the modem power first, wait for another minute and plug the router power cable, wait another minute and turn on the Xbox and test it...it will connect... Kudos! Thanks! If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/joe_8b8c2cd6ce148309
Posted on May 05, 2009
You want the NAT open for X-box ?
For X-box you will need to open some ports on the router.
Also you will need to reduce down the MTU on the router to 1365.
That will work.
for this you will need to open the router set up.
Click here for more info about x-box and router settings
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
Follow this link and it'll tell you exactly what to do if the router your using is an eicom netopia http://xbox360help.blogspot.com/2007/09/xbox-live-eircom-router-netopia.html
I had the same problem when i started 3 years ago. now i recently bought the new wireless adaptor and have one of the new routers from eircom and after 20 minutes during gameplay it disconnects me from xbox live.it is really startin 2 annoy me now. does anyone know what could be causing this to happen??
Posted on Jan 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 03, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 20, 2010 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Mar 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 04, 2010 | NetGear DGN2000-100NAS Router
Dec 09, 2009 | Actiontec Computers & Internet
Nov 18, 2009 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
Jun 01, 2009 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
708 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: