Question about GE Profile JT912 Electric Single Oven
Recieving an error code -F2-
Oven over temp - exceeded 590F with door in unlocked position or 990F with door locked - If actual temp condition occurred, look for welded relay contacts or high resistance connection or any cause in the oven temperature sensor circuit
Note: Also see fan thermal switches - Indicates that oven is over temperature in one of the following modes within either a cooking or clean mode of operation.
· Control senses oven temperature above 650 degrees F with the door circuit in the unlock mode.
· Control senses oven temperature above 935 degrees F with the door in the locked mode.
· Stalled cooling fan or airflow problem.
· Look for welded relay contacts. (Heating elements on in off mode).
· Look for open thermal switch in lock motor circuit. Switch is normally closed and will open if area overheats due to fan not operating. Look for cause - fan thermal switch not closing, fan stalled, etc.
· Look for high resistance in the oven temperature sensor circuit due to high contact resistance (poor terminal crimp, deformed terminals, loose connection) or intermittent solder joint on control or intermittent oven temperature sensor.
Posted on May 26, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2011 | Jenn-Air WW30430P Stainless Steel Electric...
Aug 05, 2011 | GE JTP15 Electric Single Oven
F2 Error indicates
a loose/broken wire on the oven temp sensor or the oven temp. sensor itself is
bad and should be replaced. To solve this issue test the oven temp. sensor, it
should read between 1080-1120 ohms, if the rating is more then that and the door
appears to be closing fine then it is the control board that is bad and should
be replaced. Hope this helps...please post back for further assistance.
Mar 20, 2011 | GE JTP15 Electric Single Oven
Mar 06, 2011 | GE Ovens
Dec 14, 2010 | GE JRP24 Electric Double Oven
Dec 04, 2009 | GE JTP85 Electric Double Oven
May 09, 2009 | GE JRP15 Electric Single Oven
Apr 15, 2009 | Thermador C272 Electric Double Oven
Feb 17, 2008 | Ovens
Nov 28, 2013 | GE Profile JT912 Electric Single Oven
1,261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: