According to the manual, "If you forget the password, you can erase your current password by pressing the number 8 button on the remote four times, thn press the enter button to confirm the setting. PASSWORD: 8888"
A picture of an unlocked lock indicates that Parent Lock is NOT active.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow the instuctions below to reset the password and switch off the parental control on the Zenith DBV412.
1. Switch on the TV and DVD player 2. Switch the TV to the input for the DVD player 3. Remove any disc from the player 4. Press the SETUP key on the Zenith remote to open the on-screen menu 5. Press 2 1 0 4 9 9 using the numerical keys on the Zenith remote. 6. Press SETUP again to close the menu
This will clear any password that has been set. Now you need to switch off the parental control:
8. Press the SETUP key to open the on-screen menu again 9. Use the down arrow to highlight the PADLOCK for the parental control settings 10. Press the RIGHT arrow once to enter the parental control menu 11. Highlight RATING and press the RIGHT arrow once.
You will be asked to set a password. Enter something simple and easy to remember, e.g. 0000 then press ENTER. You will need to confirm the password by entering the same number again, then press enter again.
12. Use the UP/DOWN arrows to highlight UNLOCK then press ENTER 13. Press SETUP again to close the menu
You should now be able to insert your Across the Universe disc and play it. If you are still unable to watch the disc or you are unable to switch off the parental control feature, please let me know.
Unfortunately there are no known ways to change the user code. The parental controls are set because it's a DVD player for kids - and you must input the password every time you want to play a DVD.
1369 is the code to allow you to play blocked movies. I still
haven't found a way to change the level. Again, you have to input the code each
time. I know it stinks, but I guess they didn't think of the parental feature in its entirety.
the preset password is 3308. but first goto set up menu select rating press enter/play, select rating agin press enter/play, chose rating you want, then enter password 3308, press set-up to exit, press enter/play to start.
If you are trying to get to a website that has been blocked by parental controls and you don't know what your parents password is go to hidemyass.com type in the website you want to go to and even though it may be blocked you will be able to reach your destination.
Called Zenith. They said: turn on the DVD player. Hit "set-up".
Scroll down to the "lock" icon. Scroll over to "Rating". Scroll over to unlock. Enter 0000. Click on Ok. Enter 0000 again, click Ok again. Menu should read unlock. Voila!