There are three things that you need to check on if you're unable to start the webcam of your Lenovo B460. You have to check if the webcam is on. Another thing is, determine if you have the software for your camera installed. And the third is, make sure that you have driver for your camera. Kindly follow the steps below to help you address the issue:
1. To turn on your camera, press Fn+Esc
. An icon will appear that will help you determine if it's on/off. If you do Fn+Esc and an icon of a camera with a leaning line at middle appeared it means that camera was turned off. You need to do Fn+Esc again and you'll see an icon of a camera.
2. This model do have a pre installed camera software called Cyberlink YouCam
. Here's where you can see the software:
- YouCam icon on your desktop.
- Or you can check the Lenovo folder when you go to ALL PROGRAMS. You should see folder for YouCam.
Just click or double click on the software to launch it.
3. This is the last thing that you can check, driver for your camera. To check if there's installed driver follow the steps below:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Look for Device Manager.
- Inside look for Imaging Devices, then there should be Lenovo EasyCamera.
All these steps should help you open/launch your webcam. I f you have missing camera driver or software you may download using this link
. Just select your operating system.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for using Fixya.