Question about Computers & Internet
Well If you need a driver because you computer does not have it in it's driver list then visit this link to get the driver http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/downloads.html
and chose the computer you have choose the driver for you CD/DVD Drive and it should work then, After you download and install the driver unplug the drive then plug back in and it should say found new hardware, the it should say the drive name and alot of different names just click the X for each then you will get one saying you hardware is now installed and ready to use and then it should work.
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
I fixed it myself, and you should learn how I did it!
1. I noticed that when I pressed the open button on the dvd drive tray with the power on, it would not open.
2. This is a question that your support people should ask.
If the tray does not open, it means the drive is NOT getting any power.
3. I removed the power and battery and unscrewed the mounting screw on the back that holds the drive in the laptop.
4. I pulled out the drive and saw that the bracket on the end of the drive was bent! The drive was not plugged in reliably!
5. I straightened the bracket and reinstalled the drive.
6. It now works perfectly!
Posted on Aug 20, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2014 | Computers & Internet
May 02, 2017 | Computers & Internet
May 06, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Feb 12, 2010 | Acer Aspire 4520-5582 Notebook
Feb 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 14, 2009 | Dell Inspiron E1705 Notebook
Nov 15, 2008 | Gateway MT3705 Notebook
Jul 19, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
May 25, 2008 | Computers & Internet
444 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!