Question about Zenith DVC2200 DVD Player
How do you unlock the parental controls? I never had it locked to begin with. I am trying to play a movie and the "parental lock icon" is on the screen with boxes to enter a 4 digit code to unlock. I do not know the 4 digit code.
Try power on the player with no disk in the drive. Press "PAUSE" on the remote. Enter "3 1 4 1 5 9" on the remote (the word COdE appears on the display). Enter "0" on the remote (0 = All Regions, 1 = Region 1, 2 = Region 2, etc.) . Press "PAUSE" on the remote. Power the player off and then back on
Posted on Mar 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2014 | Zenith XBR716 DVD Recorder / VCR Combo
Apr 19, 2011 | Zenith Televison & Video
Apr 09, 2011 | Zenith DVB412 DVD Player
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children. Such
discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
1) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
2) Press C or D to select "Password".
Press Number buttons (0-9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CLEAR.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting cannot
be changed unless you enter the correct pass
4) Press OPEN/CLOSE to activate Parental control
setting. (See "Temporary disabling of rating level by
DVD disc" on page 36.)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says "adult." For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
To change the parental level
1) Press C or D to select "Password".
2) Press Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A to change the parental level.
5) Press C or D to select "Password", then press
Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel,
press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD
CLEAR" appears on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
hope this helps
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba SD-K740 DVD Player
Aug 05, 2009 | Televison & Video
Feb 15, 2008 | Televison & Video
Aug 31, 2007 | Coby TF-DVD7333 Portable DVD Player
Aug 24, 2007 | Zenith DVB412 DVD Player
Aug 10, 2010 | Zenith DVC2200 DVD Player
323 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!