Question about Denon AVR588 Receiver
* cable from wall to Cox cable box
* HDMI cable from cable box to Denon AVR-588 receiver
* component video cables (5) from DVD player to receiver
* HDMI output from receiver to TV
* audio arriving at receiver from DVD player and going out to speakers OK
* no HDMI signal going from receiver to TV [<-- the big mystery]
1. something to do with output settings on the receiver
2. having HDMI out requires HDMI in
* changing the resolution settings between 720, 1080 and 4--
* bypassing the receiver and going directly into the TV
[this worked, but not the final config I'm after]
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The Old Timer EE
The avr-588 apparently cannot carry sound via hdmi - don't know why; just what i found out from the geek squad at best buy; solved the problem by connecting optical cable from cable box to receiver; be sure to change the input on the receiver for opt-2 (system setup >2 inputs) to correlate with tv
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
You can also use a digital coax cable (color orange) to go into coax 1 for DVD coax 2 for cable box. Just make sure to set the coax in input settings. The coax cables are a little cheaper than the optical cables and work just as well.
Posted on May 10, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2009 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Mar 08, 2017 | Electronics - Others
Jan 08, 2009 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Dec 16, 2008 | Denon AVR-3805 Receiver
Dec 13, 2008 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Apr 03, 2008 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Jan 03, 2008 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Dec 31, 2007 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
1,402 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: