Question about Denon AVR588 Receiver
* cable from wall to Cox cable box
* HDMI cable from cable box to Denon AVR-588 receiver
* component video cables (5) from DVD player to receiver
* HDMI output from receiver to TV
* audio arriving at receiver from DVD player and going out to speakers OK
* no HDMI signal going from receiver to TV [<-- the big mystery]
1. something to do with output settings on the receiver
2. having HDMI out requires HDMI in
* changing the resolution settings between 720, 1080 and 4--
* bypassing the receiver and going directly into the TV
[this worked, but not the final config I'm after]
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The Old Timer EE
The avr-588 apparently cannot carry sound via hdmi - don't know why; just what i found out from the geek squad at best buy; solved the problem by connecting optical cable from cable box to receiver; be sure to change the input on the receiver for opt-2 (system setup >2 inputs) to correlate with tv
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
You can also use a digital coax cable (color orange) to go into coax 1 for DVD coax 2 for cable box. Just make sure to set the coax in input settings. The coax cables are a little cheaper than the optical cables and work just as well.
Posted on May 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2009 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Mar 08, 2017 | Electronics - Others
Jan 08, 2009 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Dec 16, 2008 | Denon AVR-3805 Receiver
Dec 13, 2008 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Apr 03, 2008 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Jan 03, 2008 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Dec 31, 2007 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
1,321 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: