Question about Canon BJC S450 InkJet Printer
Black text prints some lines lighter than others--tried maintenance and many adjustments but problem still exists---printer is 6 years old--are parts worn out --help please
You can try this to really clean the print head:
Canon will hate me for this.
1. Remove ink cartridges.
2. Remove print head.
3. Go to sink or tub (stainless steel, not plastic type), pick up a roll of paper towel on the way.
4. Fold several layers of paper towel and place on flat surface.
5. Run hot water until HOT!
6. Turn hot water back to a dribble.
7. Run the dribbling hot water through print head being careful not to wet the gold contacts.
8.When water running through print head is clear, place print head on paper towel.
9. Repeat number 7 and 8 until no colour shows on paper towel.
10. Gently DAB print head (DO NOT WIPE) inside and out with dry paper towel until dry.
11. I normally replace print head after drying, but you may wish to let it air-dry overnight.
12. Replace print head in printer and install cartridges
13. Start printing.
I do this to all 4 of my Canon printers every 6 months or so.
If any colour fails to print after this process it means your print head probably needs replacing.
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2017 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 08, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP5000 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 04, 2011 | Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 20, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 29, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS F80 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 22, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 09, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
May 24, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Feb 17, 2008 | HP cp1700 Color Inkjet Printer
138 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!