Re: paper jam even when there is no paper in the printer
I had same problem. Have you checked for paper-jam from the back, as sometimes a small piece of paper may be still jammed in. Pull open the door and check. Do not pull jammed paper from the front as this disturbs the rollers and printing process. I di this, and have had to buy a new printer.!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
dear you have to verify all the exit sensor related
1. do u have look on fuser unit drive gears.
2. is the exit rollers are good some time exit roller got damaged they don't hold hold paper to run out from machine.
3. do u have clean the exit sensor.
4. do you have verify that the exit sensor actuator is free to operate the sensor.
5. some time exit sensor actuator broken.
Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Canon Inkjet Printer. This is an important step when working inside ANY electronic device.
Unhinge the back access panel of the printer. It seems repetitive to say this, but this door will be in the BACK of the printer.
Look through the opened back panel and look for paper. Remove any and all paper you find jammed there.
Close the back access panel. Make sure that it latches into place and looks the same way that it did before you opened it.
Find the front or top access panel. This is the panel you would lift to change ink cartridges. Open this access panel. If the carriage that holds the ink cartridges moves, then you forgot to unplug the printer, go back and do that now. Look for paper that may be jammed in this area of the printer.
Remove any paper you find jammed here. When pulling from the front there will be resistance from the paper feeder. Pull slowly or the paper will rip and create a more stressful problem.
Close the front access panel. Make sure that it falls or latches back in place. It should look the same way that it did before you opened it.
Plug the printer's power cord into the wall outlet, and attempt to print again. If the printer prints the job, then you have successfully removed the paper jam.
Paper jams can be tricky to solve. The paper is usually stuck inside the printer mechanism so even if there is no visible paper jam, you will still get the paper jam error. Try this:
1. Turn off your printer
2. Open all trays and remove any paper stuck there
3. Locate the button to open the printer, open it and remove any paper stuck there also.
4. Repeate the above step for all buttons that you can find to access the inside of the printer
5. Close all doors and put back all trays
6. Turn on your printer
NOTE: Please rate our help to keep this free service online.
I have the same problem - every time I turn on my printer now, the alarm signal shows up with "Paper jam" but when I check for jammed paper, there is none. So I think there's something faulty with the printer. Is there any way to reset it? I've looked everywhere but can't find it.