- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Connecting your PSP to the internet is just like connecting your computer to a router. First to consider is having an access point. So what is an access point? Access point is your router. If you wanted to get started going online using your PSP I suggest trying the following steps below:
1. Just turn on your PSP as well as your WLAN/wiresless.
2. Use the left and right directional button to find "Network Setting".
3. Now look for "Infrastracture Mode".
4. Please select "New Connection" and name it.
5. Go to "WLAN Settings" then select "Scan".
6. Your PSP will now detect your router.
7. Navigate to "WLAN security setting". Just leave the option "NONE", If you dont have an encryption in your Router set up.
8. But if have an encryption in your Router. Then put your WEP or WPA security key.
9. Go to "Address Settings". Select "Easy".
10. Navigate to "Setting List". Check if your setting is correct.
11. Go to the next page then save your setting by pressing x. Then press x again once you get a message that says "Save Completed. Test Connection".
12. Next message would say "connecting to access point." The next should say "obtaining IP address".
You already established a connection and you can now browse the net using your PSP.
You need to open the ports that the xbox and PSP uses to connect to the internet in your router. Contact your Router's support and ask them to open the ports in the router for you so that you can connect your game and go online. this is issue with port being blocked.
You need a wireless router to connect to the internet or a hotspot.. if you have these all you got to do is setup the router then put the key you made on the router into the psp .. but the psp only support wireless G.
Internet Connection Make sure you have an internet connection and your PSP is within range of the wireless access point (or hotspot). PSP®online connectivity requires internet service and network devices, suchas a DSL or cable modem and a wireless router - for example, a Wi-Fihotspot at a café or a wireless local area network (WLAN) in your home.
System Software Make sure you've got the latest System Software. Requires PSP system software version of 2.0 or higher. Visit PSP System Software Update to download and install the most recent version.
WLAN switch Make sure the WLAN switch on the left side of the PSP system is turned on so that the PSP system can connect to the internet.
In the XMB™ home menu select (Network) > (Internet Browser) and press the button.
Use the up and down buttons to select the address bar and then press the button to display the on-screen keyboard.
Enter the address for the web page you want to display, select Enter and then press the button. For more information, see Using the On-screen Keyboard.
To connect your modem to a wirless router. Then make sure when you set up the wireless router that you remember the settings (mainly the password) and what kind of security you set, WAP, WEP AES or TKTP. Also make sure the wirless connector is enabled on your PSP (basically a switch on top of your hand held system).
1. network password to your wireless.
2. if you are doing it manually then you will need the ip address of the router.
Lets stick to the first one for now.
- there is a switch to turn on your wLan on the psp. Turn this on then navigate to internet on your psp, search for your wireless router and enter the appropriate encrpytion u are using eg. wep, wpa etc then enter the network key.
wait a few secs while it connects and you are online.