Hi - wonder if you could please help. The printer prints fine from our PC but we can't get it to photocopy. There are no error messages indicating there's a problem but it doesn't seem to register a copy command.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Many problems occur with print heads when people try to refill their own cartridges. The heads clog with time, especially if the printer sat for a long time unused.
2. You can try gently cleaning the heads with a lint-free cloth. You can also use the "clean print head" function that comes with many printers. This will use a lot of ink, but it usually cleans the print heads.
3. Some printers use cartridges that do not include print heads. If your printer is of that type, then your documentation that came with the printer should help you with specific instructions for your printer.
4. If nothing works, it may be time to retire your printer and get a newer one. The newer ones are far more efficient and usually use less ink than the older ones.
5. Remain patient and calm through this process. Do not throw your printer or other objects across the room or out the window. Further damages could result from that type of behavior.
Are you printing from your PC or using the machine to photocopy? If you are using the photocopy function using the ADF or placing the original directly on the glass...clean these area using a damp cloth. It would be better to remove the glass and wipe clean the mirror, lamp assy, and lens.
" do this only when power code is removed from power source"
If you printing from your PC...- check the configuration of the printer setting.
i would say possibly you are missing out on something..because if the other functions particularly photocopying are working then this should work..as in if the photocopying function works then the scanner is ok cause basically in photocopying the machine scans then prints... perhaps check whether you are correctly following procedure to scan..most hp all in ones have a button on them that you press and it automatically initiates scanning and simultaneously the software on the pc is initiated..try this,if not then try reinstalling the hp software..hope this helps..regards
Hi,I assume you gave a print command from PC but printer did not print? Did you try to make a "copy" of something ? as photocopier function. thru the command keys on the printer.. Please give me more detail then I can give more solutions..Regards
This could be to several reasons: 1# The black cart contains blue ink-> Change to a brand new cart.
2# The cart assy has a bottom that is a foil. Sometimes this foil leaks. Ink will mingle: You need a new cart assy.
Run the cleaning cycle twice after inserting a brand new bk ink cart and print out a test print. If you still see blue instead of bk the assy is leaking. BTW the bk is darker than blue (or better cyan). You must see bk! So it seems to be the prob with the right ink....