Question about Washing Machines
Washing machine wont start just get a humming sound
the model is a samsung b1445, we did have a error report of
5E. the manual suggested cleaning the debris filter out, which we did but now we just get the humming sound
If the washer doesn't operate or make any noise when set on any cycle, or if it stops suddenly when it should continue onto the next cycle, it may not be receiving electrical power or, if the motor stopped mid-cycle, the machine's overload protector may have tripped. In this case, take out some of the articles to reduce the load and let the protector reset itself, then restart. Otherwise:
1) Be sure it is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be sure the washer lid is closed completely.
2) If the receptacle seems dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the washer and check the power cord. If necessary, replace the cord.
4) Open the lid and check the lid switch and the tab on the lid that it pushes against. Press and release the switch: if it doesn't click when you do this, it's probably broken. If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service person.
5) If the washer still doesn't work, the controls may be faulty. Call a service person.
Was this solution helpful? Show your Appreciation by rating it:
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2016 | Samsung Washing Machines
Aug 07, 2015 | Samsung Washing Machines
Jul 04, 2012 | Washing Machines
Apr 17, 2011 | Samsung Washing Machines
Dec 19, 2010 | Samsung WF317AAG Front Load Washer / Dryer
WATER DRAIN ERROR - Display shows 5E.
5E is displayed if the water level frequency detected is 25 KHz or less in the initial phase of the UNB -detecting cycle. The Water Drain error can be cleared by turning POWER SW OFF and back ON.
Dec 11, 2010 | Samsung Washing Machines
Oct 06, 2010 | Samsung WF203ANW Front Load Washer
Jun 24, 2010 | Samsung WF337AA Front Load Washer
Dec 17, 2009 | Samsung Washing Machines
846 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!