Question about Plantronics PL-CS50 Professional Headset
Hi help me before I through all of this out the window. I have a mini call center of 15 agents. They all have CS50 headsets with the lifter. Three are not beeping when a call comes in and they have there headsets on away from the desk. I have changed out the phone on one and it worked. YEA. Now the next one I have changed out 2 phones. Headset and lifter and it will not work.
It is the handset lifter that actually picks up the ring tone from the telephone, and not the CS50 itself. The first thing that you want to do is make sure that the ring tone or ring volume didn't change on the phone, because this could throw off how the lifter "hears" it. Also, I'm not sure which lifter your user has.. if it's the larger HL1 (this one has a base that the phone sits on), there is a sensitivity adjustment on the back of the lifter. If is the smaller HL10 which sticks onto the phone (and should be positioned over the speaker grill where the ring tone comes out of the phone), the internal mic may have stopped working and that could be why it doesn't hear the ring anymore. If you have the HL10, you can try using a ring detector cable, this is a little accessory that should have come with your lifter (it looks like a wire with a small speaker on the end of it with double-sided tape). Plug this into the back of the HL10 (there are 2 jacks back there but it will only fit in one, you may need to remove the rubber plug), then stick the little speaker over the speaker grill on the telephone. If this doesn't work, you may need to replace the lifter. Here is a link below with a picture to take a look at the ring detector. Plantronics 46780 01 Ring Detector Cable PLX Headsets Direct
Posted on Aug 25, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: CS70N Wireless headset
The earpiece will make 3 short beeps when a call is incoming. Also the phone will still ring if you are within distince to hear the ringer. Hope this helps! SM
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
SOURCE: Headset has static
Perform a reset on the headset. Hold down the mute button (the dial on the back of the headset needs to be pushed straight in), and at the same time hold down the call answer button until you see the green light on the headset blink a few times. Release both the mute button and the call answer button. See if it works now. If it doesn't, try a re-subscription (should be available in the manual).
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
Try a system reset:
1. Lift the headset off of the charging cradle, but make sure the headset is turned off. It will be off if the green light on the front of the base is not lit. If it's not, push the call answer button once to turn it off.
2. Push the call answer button and the mute button at the same time and hold them down. The mute button is the black little wheel at the top of the headset. Use the tip of your finger to push it straight down and hold it while holding the call answer button. A green light on the headset will flash for 2 series of flashes. Wait until the end of the second series then let go of both buttons.
3. Put the headset back on the charging cradle and wait 30 seconds. Lift it back up and try to use it. If this doesn't work, repeat one more time and then disconnect the power from the base and plug it back in.
Posted on May 22, 2009
You may need to re-subscribe the headset.
NOTE: Before re-subscribing the system make sure the IntelliStand switch (on the right side of the charging base) is in the "_" position and NOT the "=" position.
The headset and the base unit are supplied subscribed to each other. However, if you wish to use a replacement headset with the base unit (or if you lose your connection to the base unit), then you must re-subscribe as follows:
1. Return the headset to the charging base.
2. Press and hold both the + and - buttons on the back of the charging base until the red light on the front of the base starts to flash.
3. Let go of both buttons. The red light should continue to flash.
4. Press the mute switch (black wheel on the top of the headset) straight down until a green light appears on the headset, then let go of the wheel, and the light should remain on the headset.
5. Resubscription is finished when the red light on the base is fully illuminated and the green light on the headset disappears.
6. Remove the headset from the charging base lift telephone handset/press headset button if not using a handset lifter. The headset and base should now be connected.
7. If this procedure does not resolve your issue to try a system reset.
Posted on Jul 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2011 | Plantronics CS70 Wireless Headset
Jun 24, 2011 | Plantronics CS50-USB Headset
Aug 20, 2017 | Plantronics CS50 Wireless Office Headset...
Apr 11, 2010 | Plantronics PL-CS50 Professional Headset
Apr 24, 2009 | Plantronics CS50 Wireless Headset
Jan 10, 2009 | Plantronics CS55/HL10 Wireless Office...
Jan 05, 2009 | Plantronics CS50-USB Professional Headset
Jan 15, 2008 | Plantronics CS50 Wireless Office Headset...
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: