Question about Washing Machines
Is this a new washer. if so remove shiping bolts from bottom or back.
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
If the washer doesn't operate or make any noise when set on any cycle, or if it stops suddenly when it should continue onto the next cycle, it may not be receiving electrical power or, if the motor stopped mid-cycle, the machine's overload protector may have tripped. In this case, take out some of the articles to reduce the load and let the protector reset itself, then restart. Otherwise:
1) Be sure it is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be sure the washer lid is closed completely.
2) If the receptacle seems dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the washer and check the power cord. If necessary, replace the cord.
4) Open the lid and check the lid switch and the tab on the lid that it pushes against. Press and release the switch: if it doesn't click when you do this, it's probably broken. If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service person.
5) If the washer still doesn't work, the controls may be faulty. Call a service person.
Was this solution helpful? Show your Appreciation by rating it:
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2012 | Washing Machines
Mar 12, 2011 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jan 01, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Apr 17, 2010 | Tricity Bendix AW1000W Front Load Washer
Sep 14, 2008 | Hotpoint WMA64 Front Load Washer
Jul 24, 2007 | Maytag Neptune Washer
Jun 20, 2007 | Ariston Technologies AW149NA Washer
May 04, 2007 | Zanussi IZ12 Front Load Washer
Jan 19, 2017 | Maytag Washing Machines
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: