- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Apr 17, 2013 - Uploaded by doityourselfstan
Easily restore them with a pair of light bulbs and a screwdriver.... electric fireplace and it came with a extra bulb but didnt say how to change it.
Check that the lamps have any obvious indication that they are burnt out, such as a scorch mark or otherwise. Careful not to break them if attempting to remove them. With the lamp removed you can test them for continuity (like with any other type of light that has a filament).
The flames for most electric fireplaces are a reflection of light cast onto a rotating drum of reflective strands of tinsel. The lack of flames is likely due to a burnt out bulb. In most cases, you must remove the fireplace cover to get to the bulb.
There are several light bulbs that create the flame effect. However, it's unusual for all to go bad at one time. If you still have your Owners Manual, it will tell and show you how to access and change the bulbs. In the meantime, turn the Master ON/OFF switch to OFF and Unplug the unit from the wall outlet. Wait 12 to 15 minutes and plug the unit back in. Turn ON the Master ON/OFF switch and test each function one at a time. Hopefully, the time unplugged gave the unit time enough to reset itself. However, if this continues to occur on a regular basis, contact Dimplex USA, Technical Service at 888-346-7539
If you want to Troubleshoot and access the bulbs yourself: Remove the Plexiglas from the front of the fireplace and carefully remove the logs. The ember bed below where the logs were sitting will lift out and you'll have complete access to the bulbs. The bulbs are 60 watt, small base, chandlier bulbs.
If it's a fireplace that sets inside a free standing cabinet mantle, you access the bulbs by removing the glass on the front (actually, it''s plexiglass). Then remove the logs and the glowing ember bed (It lifts out). Now you can see and have access to the bulbs to change them.
It it's wood stove look-a-like unit, you can access the bulbs by removing the rectangular panel on the back, near the bottom of the of the unit. Removal of that panel gives you access to the bulbs.
If you have a compact fireplace in a cabinet mantle, you will need to remove the front Plexiglas and frame from the front of the firebox. Remove the logs, then the 1- piece ember bed (it just lifts out). This will give you access to the light bulbs.
If you what looks like an old wood stove, you access then from the rear of the unit. Remove the bottom access panel by unscrewing the 4 screws that hold it in place. You can then reach the light bulbs to change them.
In both cases, the replacement bulbs are small base chandelier bulbs.
Rich's answer works for the heater problem, but not the light. My unit's heater quit working and I noticed the vents were clogged with dust. I vaccumed the front and back vents out with the unit unplugged and this fixed that problem. But the light/fire burn out is a different problem. I suspect it is burnt out bulbs, as I have had this unit for multiple years.
Yes more than likely just get a MAINS RATED switch.It MUST have it printed on it. Check passed the switch too, make sure you don't have "Other" problems, try to determine WHY the switch "Burnt Out"? In saying that though, they DO, have this happen spontaneously sometimes. Be careful.
basically, on the bottom of the fireplace, there are 2 screws on the
sides, 3 on the back, take them off, lift bottom (it wont come off, so
be careful not to bend it) there are 3 christmas light type bulbs, you
can find them at any hardware store. Just replace them. Problem solved.
If the flame is standing still, i assume the motor is burnt out. or the belt is off.