- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 4 reasons for Error 344 to occur when sending or receiving afax.
1. The remote machine failed to respond to a fax command from the local machinebecause the connection was interrupted. These errors can occur if the phonelines in the area to be faxed are old or there is noise (static on the phoneline). Other reasons can include power outages and other power-relatedproblems.
2. The call-waiting service can cause this error. The click, heard for anincoming call, is actually a momentary disconnect of the line.
3. The remote user pressed the Stop key while the reception was in progress.
4. Under rare conditions, incompatibility between the two machines might causethe remote machine to abandon the call.
Solution 1 Try to send a fax at a different time when telephone line conditions haveimproved.
Souliton 2 Try sending at a lower transmission speed.
Keep me posted and thank you for using FixYa! Jas247
hi- chances are you need to change the setting on you hp printer, i mean the fax settings for it and by the way have you tried reseating or unplugging the wire that connects from the wall to your hp office jet? try to unplug and replug it then try sending another fax, update me for any unusualities, thanks!!
Hi! I will be glad to assist you in this issue. here is the link to fix the issue. Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=buu02549&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=421139#Error396
fax error 232 indicates a communication failure between the sending and receiving units. I'd check for line noise on the phone (you can hear it as cracks and pops) If your fax line is not dedicated, any noise from another phone pickup or an answwering machine can cause the failure.
HP Officejet 7210 All-In-One InkJet Printer Error code: 405
When I send a fax I have a dial tone and the fax feeds through, I hear the other end answer it says it is sending and then I get the printed page that says: "A communication error occurred during the fax transmission."