My ED8525S-SBD microwave/grill/oven never gave me any trouble within the last twelve months since purchase. I plugged it in this morning and on the digital panel G-1 appeared and none of the buttons work.Could you help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Putting any metal object inside any Microwave is a problem, a large metal object destroys a part called the Klystron tube (the part that makes the microwaves), the energy from the tube is reflected back and burns out the Klystron tube. The part is most likely more than the oven is worth when you throw in labor to install it.
Yes, sounds like your oven element may be faulty and needs testing/replacing etc. However microwaves are best left to the qualified engineers. When you remove the cover, certain parts inside the microwave may still have live current present even with the plug disconnected and could cause serious injury or even electrocution!!
Please have your power rating checked on the outlet and also if possible measure the mains voltage on the outlet . If low this can trip the microwave as it runs short of current/voltage.
Also make sure the plug is tight on the socket. Choose a lower wattage and see if the microwave works a longer time. If so the microwave must be checked within for a faulty capacitor, magnetron , wave guide or transformer.
Clean the oven , check the connections within and try once again before we can infer.
oven will not heat up. microwave works fine. alloven will not heat up. microwave works fine. all the led light up fine. was working fine for the last 4 years. oven will not heat up. microwave works fine. all the led light up fine. was working fine for the last 4 years. checked the circuit breaker and it is fine. is there a thermal fuse i can check. where is it located
Unless your talking about one of those tiny, table top ovens, dont use a 13 amp socket / connection.
An electric oven must be connected via a 30 amp SUPPLY - the socket is just the connector at the end of the cable that runs from the fuse / breaker board. A 30 amp supply will use a much thicker cable capable of handing the higher currents.
Whilst a very basic oven may draw less than 13 amps current when operating in some modes, most will draw well in excess of this depending on what facilities they have, e.g. bake and grill at the same time, or maybe a combi-oven - one that can bake and microwave at the same time.
I got a Delongi Mic form argos too ,model ED8525S-SBD, sounds like a similar problem to what happened to it last year. Issue is that the bulb explodes (mainly due to the very strong spring on the door I think) leaving filament lieing on the metal chassis, hence the trip switch in your fuse box trips.
Didn't manage to find a replacement bulb but at least if you remove the old bits then it will get the machine back up and running and stop the trip tripping!
Take off the top by removing the 4or 5 screws around the outer edge at the back. The bulb sits directly behind the front panel inside its own metal chassis. There is a diamond shaped black plastic flange which the 2 power wires feed onto. 2 metal lugs hold this inside the chassis. straighten the lugs and the bulb holder pulls out. Even with the bulb removed I think there was a blown fuse and I had a further issue with the turntable not turning(this feeds off the same circuit as the bulb). So maybe Argos were right - the machine only cost £80 at the end of the day!