After using my Zenith dvd player (dvb410) for 2 years, one DVD triggered a parental contol screen. I have not put any controls on the machine and have no idea how to unlock the DVD. Other DVDs seem to work fine, except for this one.
Without the DVD in the player go into your setup menu. Arrow down to the icon that is a lock press enter. arrow down to password and if it says new or change select it. you need to enter a pass code so that when the prompt comes up you can override the parental limits. if you need to clear your old security code because you have forgotten it the manual says to input the 6 digit number from teh setup menu "210499" I did not do this as I had never set up a security code but the Across the universe DVD will play as long as enter the security code.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are able to, go into the setup menu, select 'parental control', check the rating (8 is restricted - 1 is no restriction), and 'unlock' (if you have not set a password) then exit the setup. This should solve the issue for all future discs (parental lock is a pointless feature in DVD players, as often, owners set passwords, only to forget them later, so they cannot undo this function).
* This is for a Zenith XVB442 DVD/VCR combo, but essentially a similar setup *
If you forget your 4-digit password If you forget your password, to clear the current password follow the procedure below. 1 Press SETUP to display the setup menu. 2 Enter the 6-digit number 210499 and then press ENTER. The 4-digit password is cleared. 3 Enter a new password then OK.
I do not recommend setting parental lock passwords in DVD players, but you may not need to do this, so the above is a 'just in case'.
Please follow the instuctions below to reset the password and switch off the parental control on the Zenith DBV412.
1. Switch on the TV and DVD player 2. Switch the TV to the input for the DVD player 3. Remove any disc from the player 4. Press the SETUP key on the Zenith remote to open the on-screen menu 5. Press 2 1 0 4 9 9 using the numerical keys on the Zenith remote. 6. Press SETUP again to close the menu
This will clear any password that has been set. Now you need to switch off the parental control:
8. Press the SETUP key to open the on-screen menu again 9. Use the down arrow to highlight the PADLOCK for the parental control settings 10. Press the RIGHT arrow once to enter the parental control menu 11. Highlight RATING and press the RIGHT arrow once.
You will be asked to set a password. Enter something simple and easy to remember, e.g. 0000 then press ENTER. You will need to confirm the password by entering the same number again, then press enter again.
12. Use the UP/DOWN arrows to highlight UNLOCK then press ENTER 13. Press SETUP again to close the menu
You should now be able to insert your Across the Universe disc and play it. If you are still unable to watch the disc or you are unable to switch off the parental control feature, please let me know.
Try power on the player with no disk in the drive. Press "PAUSE" on the remote. Enter "3 1 4 1 5 9" on the remote (the word COdE appears on the display).
Enter "0" on the remote (0 = All Regions, 1 = Region 1, 2 = Region 2,
etc.) . Press "PAUSE" on the remote. Power the player off and then back on
Called Zenith. They said: turn on the DVD player. Hit "set-up".
Scroll down to the "lock" icon. Scroll over to "Rating". Scroll over to unlock. Enter 0000. Click on Ok. Enter 0000 again, click Ok again. Menu should read unlock. Voila!