The network settings are correct. I can ping the device from my computer but when I try to scan, I get an error message "Device not avaliable. Check network settings and try again."
When I use the scan wizard to set up the device, and it can find the scanner on the network. When I use the browse functions in the scanner or printer settings, I can find it with either. I am puzzeled.
Also, I just realised the printer functions do not work either.
A re-cap. Printer and Scanner setup wizards find the device. Ping finds the device. But I cannot communicate with it.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm running into the same problem. I'm now under the impressions that certain scanners run under different versions of Control Center. I have Control Center 2, 3 and 4 running three different scanners with no obvious way to combine them into one control center.
reinstall driver again in seconds computer from where you can't aboe to give print.
Also check ping command
"ping (printer ip addreses.)
If you get reply from printer ip addrees with ping command then yourt printer is in network with your computer otherwise you have to correct your computer ip adreeess as your network settings .
I had a similar problem. I was able to print and scan for months and then all of a sudden could not scan anymore (from printer or through software interface). I then found out that the IP address for the scanner was not set properly. To fix this, goto control panel and scanner and cameras. Right click on the MFC7840W and select PROPERTIES. On the network setting tab, make sure that the IP address is the same as that on the MFC7840W.
hello! do you have the cd that came with the machine? if so you should be able to set up the lap top, also check to see if the printer has check matk beside it as the default printer. this would be in printer set up on the lap top good luck brother sr tech
Is it still working as a copier? If so then there may be something wrong with the printer's network interface or the networking at that jack or a problem with your switch. Have you tried moving it back to the old location or plugging the network cable into another wall jack, or changing ports on your switch?
We have multiple 7820s in our office. This would be a configuration problem with your windows XP computer. From the XP computer, open a command prompt and type "ping x.x.x.x" where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the 7820n. Make sure you get four successes. I would then uninstall the brother software and drivers and go to "printers and faxes" in the control panel and manually add the printer.
To manually add a network printer, with it's own print server, on Win XP:
1 Click "Add Printer"
2 Select "Local Printer Attached to this computer"
3 Deselect "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer" then click "Next"
4. Click "Create a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP" from the drop down. Click "Next". this will open TCP/IP Wizard
5. Type in Printer IP Address next to IP Address (Port name will autopopulate) and click "Next"
6. If wizard finds printer, it will show you "Finish" button. If you get a "Additional Port Information Required" window, something is wrong with your printer or windows xp network configuration.
7. When the TCP Wizard window closes, it will take you back to Add Printer Wizard. Select "Have Disk" and navigate to the \USA\WXP\Addprt directory on your Brother Drivers disc.
8. Select brxpadd.inf and click "Open" then click "OK"
9. Select "Brother MFC 7820 N Printer" from the list and click "Next"
10. Select name of printer, whether you want a default, print test page and DONE!
I had work done on my laptop. I have a Brother MFC 7820N printer, scanner,fax,copier. I cannot find my cd for setting the drivers to have my laptop use the 7820N. Where can I pull the information down on line to enable my laptop to use my printer?