I dropped my nokia expressmusic 5800 down the toilet, it didnt work for months, i just tried it, it turns on and can be plugged into computers but i cannot see anything on the screen apart from the faint...
Hi, when ever a phone drops inside the water, first remove the battery cause the battery life might be damaged,and also in that process the phone is still working because the battery is still inside the phone.
You will need to service the phone for the phone to be free from water,cause if the water dries inside the phone it will damage an IC or a chip inside the phone and it might cause more damage to the phone.
After, disassembling the phone is the next step.
Get a phone screw and unscrew the phone from the back by removing the battery and you will see some screws, unscrew possible screws and open the phone.
Get a methylated spirit and a small brush, remove the board of the phone and deep the brush inside the methylated spirit,brush gently on the board of the phone. After brushing, get a dryer to dry up the board of the phone and live it for a while to dry.
After some minutes,assemble the phone back and fix in the battery. Make sure during the process you are charging the battery of the phone.
I guess that's all you need.
Note: if the battery has stayed too too long on the phone and am sorry after the water splash, it might not come on after this all process, that means you will have to flash the phone because the battery might have damaged the memory of the board of the phone and will not power up the phone because the phone is too weak to power.
Flashing of the phone will restore back the phone memory.
For your phone screen not displaying, Water is still inside the screen, might have affected the screen display. You might need to replace the screen....
You can visit the below link to learn more about flashing of phones.
Hope it helped.
Feel free to pass your comment.
Thanks for using fixya.....
Jan 24, 2011 |
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Smartphone