An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Dell A920 Printing Problem
You should check:
1. Did you insert correct the cartridge in the holder?
2. Check if the contacts are clean in the cartridge holder, maybe something is ther and the needle-type contacts from the printer does not push right on the cartridge contacts.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Inkjet printers need to be used frequently to prevent inkdrying out in the print head nozzles. If the print head cleaning maintenance routine does not clear the blockages,then print head needs replacing, but it may be expensive. It may be more cost effective to buy a later model and better printer thanreplace the print head.
YOU SHOULD USE HP 21 BLACK INK CARTRIDGE FOR BLACK PRINTING.IF YOU USE 22 COLOUR CARTRIDGE YOU WILL GET ONLY GREAY PRINTING ONLY.I AM RIGHT?IF YOU USE COLOUR CARTRIDGES MAY YOU WILL GET MONEY LOSE. BECOS IT WILL FINISH EARLY.BLACK INK COST IS LESSTHAN COLOUR INK CARTRIDGES. SO YOU SHOULD BUY BLACK CARTRIDGE FOR REAL BLACK PRINTING.
1) Could be your printer settings, check out your printer preferences to make sure your not printing a negative or make sure you colour corrections is enabled.
2) If the colour cartridge is a 3 in 1, just one of the colours may have run out. Giving a distorted picture. That means a new cartridge. The best way to check that is to go to your printer tool box and print out a test sheet. There should be 3 colours (Magenta, Yellow and Blue) and Black. If one's missing, the cartridge is out one colour.
I have(had) the same problem using the Dell A920 printer on a Dell compunter running XP. After spending a hour trying to find a solution on the internet, I finally found a solution on my own.
When ready to print a envelope.
Go to File/Print
Click Properties button
In lower right hand corner, check "Print Color Image in Black and White" box
Click OK button
Click OK in print pop up
When finished, repeat to uncheck "Print Color Image in Black and White" box to allow for color printing.