I have the Acer Aspire E4500, and I can not get my screensaver to work. I bought the computer from Best Buy, it was the display model and I dont have a manual for it, can you please tell me the quickest way to get one and how to?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1.Go to the dos prompt and type in ipconfig
2. An invalid ip address is anything that start off with 169.xx.xx.xx
3. If it give you an a valid ip address, go to a blank line on the dos prompt
4. Type ipconfig/release..press enter. A lot of information is going to come up
5. Go the next blank line in dos type ipconfig/renew.
6. Then power cycle the modem and computer by turn the modem completely off and then turn off the computer for 3 minutes. Then turn the modem and computer back on. Check to see if this work.
Do you try disabling Screensaver feature on those two servers...might that be causing display prob, if you try pressing any key or it would show screen
But still if it is not working, Check Power saving feature for these two Server, turn off featue to turn off display and harddisk if computer is standy by for......mins
wow... not an average server you see here... Nice machine, getting older, but I had some experience with this years ago. If I remember correctly, you need to have more then one power connection to get it booted.