Question about Car Audio Receivers
CD WONT PLAY
Most CD players that would not play a disc even with a known good disc inside signifies that the laser eye/lens is not reading the disc. This could probably be attributed to:
1. dirty, damaged, inverted, blank, un-finalized burned CDs
2. defective, weak, dirty/dusty burned-out laser eye/lens;
3. dirty, dried up lubrication of the slider shafting (where the laser eye's carriage moves) or some other components; and/or
4. dirty, dried up lubrication, defective spindle motor.
A few things you can try:
1. Use a CD cleaner (readily available from most computer shops);
2. use a can of compressed air and blow through the inside of the loaded disc area;
3. gently tap on the top cover where you estimate the reading/laser eye/lens would be;
4. gently press on the tray door (if it's got one) once the disc is loaded;
5. relube, clean as necessary but that would require pulling the unit out of the dash.
Should this not be corrective, perhaps your best bet would be to seek the services of a qualified professional such as those in a Service Center. Alternately, your friendly neighborhood electronic shop should do just fine.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kindest regards.
Thank you for using Fixya.
Posted on Feb 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2010 | Blaupunkt Brisbane SD48 Car CD/ MP3 Player
Jun 27, 2010 | Kenwood KDC-715S
Aug 29, 2009 | JVC AM FM CD DET FACE CAR STEREO
May 20, 2009 | Goodmans CD / MP3 car radio GCE780MPT CD...
578 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: