Question about Car Audio & Video
CD WONT PLAY
Most CD players that would not play a disc even with a known good disc inside signifies that the laser eye/lens is not reading the disc. This could probably be attributed to:
1. dirty, damaged, inverted, blank, un-finalized burned CDs
2. defective, weak, dirty/dusty burned-out laser eye/lens;
3. dirty, dried up lubrication of the slider shafting (where the laser eye's carriage moves) or some other components; and/or
4. dirty, dried up lubrication, defective spindle motor.
A few things you can try:
1. Use a CD cleaner (readily available from most computer shops);
2. use a can of compressed air and blow through the inside of the loaded disc area;
3. gently tap on the top cover where you estimate the reading/laser eye/lens would be;
4. gently press on the tray door (if it's got one) once the disc is loaded;
5. relube, clean as necessary but that would require pulling the unit out of the dash.
Should this not be corrective, perhaps your best bet would be to seek the services of a qualified professional such as those in a Service Center. Alternately, your friendly neighborhood electronic shop should do just fine.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kindest regards.
Thank you for using Fixya.
Posted on Feb 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2010 | Blaupunkt Brisbane SD48 Car CD/ MP3 Player
Jun 27, 2010 | Kenwood KDC-715S
Aug 29, 2009 | JVC AM FM CD DET FACE CAR STEREO
Aug 07, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
May 14, 2009 | Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
581 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!