Question about Pantech PG-3600 Cellular Phone
My son fell on the ice and smashed the LCD display on his phone, does anyone know where we can either get replacement parts or someplace to have it repaired.
Ok, after searching for the same instructions and not finding them. I finally got mine taken apart and the LCD replaced.
First, this not a job for just anyone it will require some soldering on the circuit board. If you don't know how then it would be best to ship it off. Second, the place that I found to sell me just the LCD, in my hind sight opinion charged way to much. RMS logistics $89 deal is much better, the only problem is being without the phone for 3 week.
The steps to take apart the phone.
1. take the battery and Sim card out.
2. remove the molding place that surrounds the camera lens. It just snaps in. At first it did not look like it come off but is does.
3. remove 6 (six) tiny screws from the back of the phone.
4. lift the circuit board and carefully unplug the board in the next section. place the circuit board to the side.
5. Remove 4 silver screws, hold this piece to one of the sliders. - set this piece to the side.
6. remove 4 screws for the corners of this piece. two of the screws have covers over them
7. Ok this was a pain both getting it out and back in. you should see a circuit board and mic. The Mic is solder to the board and stuck to the piece below with stick-em. Carefully left the mic off do not break the wires - you just want it loose. Now lift the circuit board and carefully unplug the next circuit board. Set the circuit board and mic to the side
7. Remove 4 black screws hold the next slider in place.
8. Ok, you're down to the LCD piece. Again remove 4 screws in the corners. 2 of them have 1 long cover piece covering them.
9. remove the LCD piece, unsolder the speaker.
10. Solder the speaker just removed to the new LCD piece. and reverse the steps the reassemble.
good luck and I would still recommend having RMS logistics do it.
By the way I paid way more than 89 for the LCD and it took 2 weeks to get here. At least I could answer and make calls on it.
Posted on Nov 14, 2008
I also called RMS logistics. I have a dog bitten Pantech- if the protective clear plastic window over the screen is scratched/cracked/broken AND you have to replace the LCD as well, the price I was quoted for repair is $95 (includes delivery back to your home) and takes 2.5-3 weeks right now for repair- they are located in Texas (near Dallas). If you need another other repairs (like replacing the outer casing) they can do that too.
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
Call RMS Logistics at 214-459-9988 I was told it was $37.50 to replace the screen. HTH.
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
After calling Pantech a few times, they referred me to RMS logistics. It's $82.50 to fix the LCD. I couldn't get a local repair person to do it because they didn't have a way to get an LCD.
Posted on Mar 17, 2008
We can repair it Thecellspecialists.com
Posted on Mar 10, 2008
Email me your zip code i will find a repairman for you firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2013 | Cell Phones
Apr 03, 2013 | Pantech C300 Cellular Phone
Mar 28, 2013 | Pantech Cell Phones
Oct 04, 2011 | Pantech Slate Cell Phone
Jan 30, 2010 | Pantech Cell Phones
Dec 13, 2009 | Pantech Slate Cell Phone
5,703 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: