WATER :-O PLEASE HELP
I am sorry to hear about your MP3 player. Sadly, water and electronics do not get along. If the unit was submerged there is bound to be some damage. Still, there are some things you can do to minimize the damage,
First, make sure the unit is powered off and do not attempt to power it back on until you are sure it is completely dry both inside and out. If the battery pack is removeable take it out. Water will short out and damage components that have power applied to them.
Secondly, dry the unit thoroughly both inside and out. You can wipe water off the outside using a dry towel. For the inside, you can try using a handheld hair dryer. However, heat can also damage the unit so make sure you use a dryer with a "cool air" setting. Blow air into the unit through the headphone jack, USB port, etc.
Give the MP3 player plenty of time to dry out. Wait until you are sure it is completely dry. And then wait a few hours longer. Afterwards, you can try reinstalling the battery (if needed) and powering the unit up.
Even if you managed to get the power disconnected and everything dried out as quickly as possible, the sad fact is that the MP3 player may still have sustained major damage. Some electrical components are made of carbon paper and can absorb moisture. So, even if there wasn't an electrical short some of the electronics inside may not work.
It's possible that a unit with water damage may be repairable. You will want to contact he manufacturer about that repair if needed. Unfortunately water damage would probably not be covered by any warranty the unit might have, so you will probably have to pay for the repairs. Depending on the extent of the damage it may make better economic sense just to replace the unit with a new one.
"Go Ahead. Use Us."
Jun 18, 2008 |
Samsung Yepp YP-P2 Digital Media Player