Question about Yamaha NS-C444 Center Speaker

2 Answers

Yamaha ns-c444 speaker

What kind of amp to I need to power this, and can it be used as a stand alone speaker? I have a small room and would like to know if I can use it with my flat screen tv? I don't really need or want full surround sound.

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 236 Answers

This is a center speaker used only for multi channels DSP system. The impedance also is below 4ohms (Yamaha). it can be used stand alone provided the amp you will use has got a minimum impedance capability of 4ohms or less. The power wattage of the amp also you have to consider or you will burn the speakers.

Posted on Mar 31, 2008

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,512 Answers

Any amp will do for this speaker, and is really the only way to use it with your TV. Unless the set has external speaker jacks. the you cannot use it as a standalone device.

DO NOT be tempted to connect to the internals of the TV. The type of power supply used in TV means that quite dangerous voltages may be present on the chassis exposing the user to electrocution risk.

Goodluck. Thanks for using FixYa :)


Posted on Feb 14, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers


You have asked a big question with lots of possible answers.

I am not familiar with your receiver so I don't know the important things about it - such as the power output and the required speaker impedance.

There are other important things to consider too, such as where you live, are there close neighbours, what sort of noise do you like to make and how loud and equally importantly how much room do you have; are the speakers to stand on a shelf, on the floor or be suspended from the ceiling?

Generally the bigger and more solid the speaker cabinet the better the sound is but that would be useless if you have room for only bookshelf speakers.

You said budget speakers. If you want quality sound then budget speakers are the last thing you need - you would be better going to buy some decent used speakers from a garage sale or buying yourself a couple of decent drive units and fitting them into a pair of concrete drain pipes or even lavatory pans or constructing your own cabinets or if you have lots of space just a pair of infinite baffles.

If buying used speakers there isn't much choice; you have to have what is available within reason but if you are buying new it is best to know what you want. There are two basic types of cabinet - the infinite baffle, a closed air-tight cabinet that if well constructed and big will make mediocre drive units sound better and the fashionable type just now, the tuned bass port cabinet that must be well designed and have decent quality drive units.

Both those types could house one, two, three or even four drive units and perhaps a crossover and/or peizo tweeters.

I suggest you do some research and sleep on what you have learned and then ask your question again including a great deal more information.

Oct 02, 2016 | Yamaha Audio Players & Recorders


How to diagnose not having audio on the right channel of Yamaha YST-MS201


a ) Start with the input , then to the op-amp IC.


b ) check your cable like those above for continuity , ( VOM )

or use the signal tracer ( you can use any small amplifier with

speaker and point the tip of the probe on designated points

on the preamp section.

c ) then check also cable ( like one with the arrow pointed )


d ) from the cable it goes to the volume control


e ) the audio signal passes through these op-amp , see the diagram:


f ) Upon reaching pin 11 of IC TDA7370B via C444, the audio will be

further amplified and send the audio signals to your right speaker via the

cable above ( see the image ).

g) there might be a reason or a possibility that your Main Audio IC is good ,

under the following conditions:

1 ) the said IC is not overheating

2 ) the voltage on pin 14 is one-half of the supply

3 ) that there is audio input on pin 11

If it is, then

It could possibly from the capacitor ( C24 ) to the foil path going to your speaker.

Anyway you can check it with a signal tracer , only if you have one.

on Jan 30, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Does my PC have enough amplifier power to use speakers for monitors for music studio?

Your PC won't have enough juice to power your monitors at the level you need them. That's why most computer speakers are powered. You can run a 1/8 inch to RCA cable from your PC's line out jack to an amplifier, then connect the monitors to the amp. If you don't have the cable, they can be found pretty much anywhere they sell computers or musical electronics...or my favorite,

May 20, 2014 | Yamaha NS-A636 Speaker

1 Answer


I don't think both speakers are damaged unless, some kind of electric failure affected them, they just must be connect in the wrong way.

Aug 27, 2011 | Yamaha NS-10MT Speaker

1 Answer

Need to connect yamaha htr6130 receiver to an elan amplifier

Why don't we deal with the issues separately?

What are you trying to accomplish with speakers all around the house. Or did you mean around the ROOM?

You can't slave other amps off of this unit and have volume or source control at the receiver. It lacks any Preamp Outputs.

Tell us what you want to do, how things are connected (in detail) right now and maybe we can help you out.

It might also be helpful to know WHY you need to have multiple amps.

Feb 22, 2010 | Yamaha HTR-6130 Receiver

1 Answer

What kind of amplifier and other accessories are recommended for bose 901 speakers

I would recommend a high power 2-channel amplifier, minimum 16 guage speaker wire, and of course the Bose 901 active EQ that matches the series of your speakers. I use a Yamaha mx-830 power amp & cx-830 pre amp 170 wpc They (Bose) claim that they're unlimited power handling, But if you use a amplifier with to little power and overdrive it to make it louder, you could damage the speakers or amp. With my 170 watt class A amp,the 901 series 6 will blow wind across the room. Go with the best amp you can afford! best for money- Yamaha,Denon,Onkyo!

Dec 22, 2008 | Bose 901 VI Main / Stereo Speaker

1 Answer

Yamaha v-663 reciever

Most amps will only power two sets of speakers direcrly hooked to amp (A&B). If you want audio throughout the house, I would recommend a PA system set up with individual room volume controls

May 02, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Attaching a pair of Floor standing speakers as Front R and Front L instead of standard bose cubes

yes of corz,, u can use any of that but dont go pass the power of your power amp,, becoz,, it coss damage 2 your speakers,, and thats expensive... ps. . dont revers the polarity

Feb 20, 2008 | Bose Acoustimass 15 System

1 Answer

Broke earpiece

It's doable, but you might wan't to consider buying a stand alone mic, they come pretty cheap. What you need is a speaker with internal amp, and a new pl jack - you cant just patch it into the wire that went into your earpiece, its a different kind of wire. When you go to radio shack or equivalent to get the jack, ask them to show you what kind and exactly how to go about it. Not very complicated, but maybe unnecessary. Good luck

Mar 16, 2006 | Logitech (980174-0914) Consumer Headset

Not finding what you are looking for?
Yamaha NS-C444 Center Speaker Logo

Related Topics:

122 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Yamaha Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

5515 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75774 Answers

Are you a Yamaha Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides