a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like you have tried all the obvious. The unit may have a terminal hardware problem or an unrecoverable firmware problem. I suggest that you return the unit to a dealer and see if there support guys can produce a cure for you. I am looking for any other things that you may try. Will post any for you soon
First off, download the Firmware upgrade from Creative (http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nDriverType=4#type_4)
Don't run it just yet!
Now, go into the Zen Micro's Recovery Mode:
1. Take out the battery 2. Press and hold the ON/LOCK button in the ON position (far left) and put the battery back in the player. 3. The player will then switch on - wait until "Recovery Mode" appears on the screen then let go of the ON/LOCK button.
The Recovery Mode options include an option to "Reload Firmware".
Now connect your Zen Micro to your PC and run the Firmware upgrade. Your player should be recognized by the Firmware uploader. If it isn't, then then your player has other damage.
To Fix any problems with broken firmware form attempted “playsforsure” firmware updates etc where your pc finds it as a 20mb drive and it sits in recovery mode and does bugger all:
1. Uninstall all creative software & drivers 2. Uninstall Media Player 11 and Media Player 11 runtime (will require a reboot for each thing). This is done by going to add/remove programs and uninstalling (this will put your pc back to wmp10). 3. Re-install the Zen Driver from the creative website and reboot (I just reloaded Media Explorer using my ZMP install CD). 4, Plug Zen in. 5, Make sure you have the firmware update ready, run it but don’t click the language bit yet), leave the mouse hovering over your language selection. (for ZMP, just start firmware exe file, there is no language selection. You can get the firmware update from Creative’s site, go to SUPPORT and then DOWNLOADS). 6. On the Zen- select “reload OS” (on ZMP I believe it is Erase or Reload Firmware, something like that, don’t have it in front of me). 7. As soon as it flashes up “reload new firmware now via USB” click the language button 8. Now the pc should find it and allow you to re-load the firmware. (it may take a few attempts) 9. Once complete, click close and restart the pc. Everything should now be fine. 10. Once all is working, you can re-install WMP11 and it will work fine.
Sounds like it may be the index in your Music Library. Try going into Recovery Mode the routine way; remove battery(are they charged and good?), hold power switch to ON, replace battery, release power switch when the Recovery Mode screen appears on the screen. Run Option 1 CleanUP, after it completes run Option 4 Restart/Reboot. You will get a Rebuilding Library screen when it reboots, that's normal, then it should go back to your startup screen.
and let us know what happened
Sounds like it may be the index in your Music Library. Try going into Recovery Mode; remove battery, hold power switch to ON, replace battery, release power switch when the Recovery Mode screen appears on the screen. Run Option 1 CleanUP, after it completes run Option 4 Restart. You will get a Rebuilding Library screen when it reboots, that's normal, then it should go back to your startup screen.
and let us know what happened