I have 3 computers, 2 desktop computers (one with the router and modem connected to it, and another with a D-Link wireless adapter in its usb port) and a laptop with a wireless adapter.
The internet works fine with the desktop with everything connected to it and the laptop; however, the desktop computer with the wireless adapter is connected, but always with limited or no connectivity. When i try to repair the connection, it always says "could not finish the following actions: Renewing your IP address." I have windows XP btw. Could someone propose a solution b/c i have no idea where the problem lies (pc problem, router problem, wireless adapter problem, modem problem???)
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: DI-524 connection problem
you need to configure the wireless encryption key on your desktop computer.logon to your router and configure wireless setting and configure your desktop with the same SSID / wep key and it shud connect.post back any errors
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you have a wireless router and it is connected to the DSLor cable modem then -
To connect to your wireless router, the router needsits wireless settings to be configured with the SSID, encryption key etc., alsothe wireless cards in all the laptops/computers needs to be configured withthese router's wireless settings. Then the laptops/desktop computers cancommunicate with your wireless router and access the Internet via the DSL or cable modem.
OK, if I understand:
telephone----DSL Modem--di 524--computer.
That is what you are supposed to do.
Has any configuration of these devices ever had any connectivity?
1. Is the DSL modem in "Bridge Mode"? That is the first thing I'd check.
2. Are you using the right wires and ports? There may be a DCE-DTE problem. Be sure you have used the wire that came with the DSL modem to hook it to the internet port on the DI-524.
3. What is the state of all the various lights? Do they show that you have valid connections?
4. Most of these devices can be configured with a browser. When you browse them, what do you see?
5. What is windows telling you?