Go fix your portting settings in your router. Now do you want to gain access the laptop by loggin into it? If so, go to VNC.com and download one of them. (Virtual Network Computer) You will have to install VNC on both computers. Then use VNC viewer to witre the ip of your laptop. Then press enter, you should gain access to your laptop wirelessly.
But you have to do portforwarding in the router and other small stuffs to make ths work.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try to connect your laptop in your router via lan cable..use your lancard..use a utp cable.. if it does not work it mean you have a problem in your internet connection not on your laptop..but if it connects it means you have a problem in your wi-fi connection...
i hope it solves your problem....rate this if this solved it,..
Your sister was accessing the wireless access point at school which is connected to the Internet/WEB access via a router and the school's broadband service provider.
For you to access the Internet using your wireless adapter on your laptop, you need your own wireless access point and connect it to a broadband ADSL or cable modem and then connect it to an Internet Service Provider. Some Internet Service Providers (cable and ADSL) can supply a combined modem/router/wireless Access point.
If you already have a broadband modem all you need is a wireless access point/router. You only need to configure the wireless access point and your wireless adapter so they will communicate with each other. Folow the instructions in the manuals.
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.
You could use any brand wireless router with your broadband service for a wifi signal for your laptop or any wireless internet to any device that is compatible for it. You first need to make sure your laptop has built in wireless or if it needs an adapter(ex. Wireless notebook adapter, USB Adapter). and if its built in then all you would need to buy is a wireless router(Linksys has a really nice and user friendly setup. Model:WRT54G).
You have to check if your computer can connect to the modem with an Ethernet cable. This will tell you if the ethernet port on the modem is working. if that does not work call your cable provider.
Next thing after you get the instructions above done.
Press the reset button on the back of the router> press it in for 30 seconds then let go and pull out the power. Connect the router up the way it should be before you reset by the way. check if you have internet if you do not follow hte directions at teh link below.
How does your Winxp computers connect to the router (wired or wireless)? What is the IP address that you are getting? You might also want to check if the network adapter is installed properly under device manager.
try to power cycle first by turning all devices off. then turn on the modem/router first then the computers. if you're still not getting connection, contact your ISP and check if there's no problem from their end before reseting and reinstalling it
This is a common problem with linkys wireless g routers, as you say that you modem works fine with usb..no problem with your isp, so go head and first upgrade the routers latest firmware..reset and reconfig your roter your issue will get fixed..try it out.