Question about Visioneer OneTouch 8100 Flatbed Scanner
Verified to work with Vista Home Premium x64 (should work for x32 as well):
1. Make sure your 8100 is unplugged.
2. Go to Visioneer's website and download drivers for the OneTouch 9420 scanner:
3. Install the drivers. Nothing will work... yet, don't worry.
4. Now plug in your 8100. You'll get a message saying that Vista wants to find drivers. Select "Ask Me Later" or just cancel.
5. Next, open up Control Panel and then Device Manager. Find your 8100 in there (probably listed as "Unknown Device") and then right click on it and say "Update Driver Software". Now click "Browse My Computer For Driver Software" then "Let Me Pick From A List Of Device Drivers On My Computer".
6. Scroll down to "IMAGING DEVICES" then find Visioneer, then you should see the "Visioneer 9420" driver. Select it. You'll get a warning from Vista, but continue anyways. That's it... everything should work.
Posted on Mar 05, 2008
I just wanted to add that I've been trying to get my Visioneer 8100 One-Touch scanner (that I purchased well over 12yrs back) to work with new OS of Win10 64-bit. The above instructions for installing the 9420 driver worked for me. This was the 6th or 7th thing I'd tried and was gonna be the last. I was so frustrated after doing every poss thing in my power- to no avail. I tried this as a last resort and to my surprize- it worked. Thank u VERY, VERY kindly.
Posted on Jul 28, 2016
Install PaperPort as usual.
Open the Vista Program Compatability Wizard. Install the 8100 driver using the Wizard. I chose the XP Service Pack 2 emulation. Works just fine.
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
I am a Support Engineer with Xerox Scanners.
The Xerox 4800 do not have a supported Windows 7 driver. The scanner only supports Vista, XP, 2000, ME, and 98. I recommend trading the Xerox 4800 for a supported windows 7 scanner.
Please feel free to contact us by calling 800-648-0410.
Xerox Scanners Support
Nov 21, 2012 | Xerox One Touch 4800TA Flatbed Scanner
Oct 11, 2010 | Visioneer OneTouch 8100 Flatbed Scanner
Jun 19, 2017 | Dynex Computers & Internet
Dec 21, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 14, 2008 | Visioneer One Touch 7600 USB
Jul 01, 2008 | Visioneer One Touch 7600 USB
Apr 20, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
2,208 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: